Never have I ever...repotted a plant.
I know what you're thinking - what?! How could you have never repotted a plant in your life, Frank?! However, truthfully, this plant is the only one I've ever owned. I bought it while I was living in LA as a representation of new life/starting over - I think three years ago. (I don't remember what I was going through at the time, but I remember the symbolism of the plant and why I bought it.). It was beginning to look a little sad, and I figured it was about time/way overdue for a new pot and some new soil. I thought I was going to have to buy one of those HUGE bags of soil at Home Depot, and I was stressing about what I was going to do with so much dirt! Buy three more plants?! In case you're wondering, you don't have to buy those huge bags; they have smaller bags of "potting soil." Finding that plus finding the new bowl I wanted to put the plant in; my Home Depot adventure definitely turned into a journey of sorts. However, I learned, and I am that much better for it. (And yes - I read the directions on the back of the bag to make sure I was doing it right #nerd.). It's the little things in life that we overlook, and when we actually stop to think about it and realize we don't have any experience in - it's so crazy! It kind of makes me want to start a garden and grow my own veggies. Hmm...

No comments:
Post a Comment