Friday, September 18, 2015

Mashed Potatoes and Gravy

Monday, September 14

Never have I ever...made spaghetti squash OR mashed potatoes.  

These posts are just as shocking to me as they may be to you.  How can it be that 30 years old, I've never made mashed potatoes from scratch.  What?! I love them, but never think to make them.  When I do have them, it's because someone else made them.  However, I really wanted them, so I headed to the store and bought what I needed, looked up the directions on Google (yes, I did), and with some guidance by Andrew, made some incredible mashed potatoes. Along with that, I really wanted spaghetti squash, as well, but also never made that.  Again, with the help of Google (what did they did before Google?) and Andrew, I baked a delicious squash.  Overall, my dinner was fantastic.  The best part?  Half of it was food I had never made before.  I absolutely love cooking, but rarely have an opportunity to make a big meal.  When I have the chance, and I try something new, AND it ends up being great? That's pretty rewarding.  I love trying new things. (I also made meatless meatballs and corn on the cob) 


No comments:

Post a Comment