Never have I ever...been to the Museum of the Moving Image.
Katie and I were looking for something new and different to do before she had to take her bus back to DC, so I thought of the Museum of the Moving Image. It's only two blocks away from my apartment, and yet I had never ventured to it. I'm so glad we did; what an awesome museum! There were original costumes, masks, set renderings and small scale designs, as well as actual cameras/microphones/sound equipment/televisions showing the evolution and advancement of such items. There were interactive areas where you could dub your voice over famous movie scenes, as well others were you could pick the soundtrack and sound effects. This was to show how they add that into the films. It was a fascinating museum, we learned a ton, and we had a great time. I highly recommend. Plus, they have a Jim Henson exhibit coming soon. Definitely going back.
www.movingimage.us

No comments:
Post a Comment