Friday, September 18, 2015

Catfish

Tuesday, September 15 

Never have I ever...watched the MTV show "Catfish."  (Nor will I ever again btw)

I got home and Melissa and Andrew were watching an episode of MTV's "Catfish."  It was the dumbest show.  It's about people who meet people online, and this show gets them to meet and to figure out if it's all real or fake.  ie are they using fake pictures, false bios, etc.  In this particular episode, at the end, we found out that the one girl who they were helping actually got these other girls to be on it and "fake catfish" her so that she could announce to the world that she's gay.  What?! You're going to go through an elaborate scheme just so you can get your 15 seconds of fame...for what?  Society has made fame this thing that everyone wants and strives for for some reason.  It's bizarre.  Anyway, it's a mindless show, and it's sad that people act this way, and they actually exist. 


No comments:

Post a Comment