Never have I ever...sat on the Eastern side of Sheep Meadow in Central Park.
Since I initially moved to NYC in the Fall of 2008, I have always taken the same path into the park, and always ended up setting up a blanket in the same general area on the same south western side of Sheep Meadow in Central Park. This continued throughout all of my visits back to NYC through the years while I was in LA, and even continued once I moved back. As much as I love adventuring and trying new things, I am also apparently a creature of habit. So, with yesterday being my day off, I mosied my way over to Central Park to make use of one of my last chances to catch a tan and read before Fall swoops in. However, this trip was different. I entered the park from one of the entrances I've never used before, and made it a point to walk down paths I've never travelled. I learned so much more about this park that I frequent just by taking a different path. I ended up on the Eastern side of Sheep Meadow and set up my blanket. This area that I was so familiar with looked completely different just because I've never actually looked at things from this angle. It's amazing how when we do something slightly outside of our norm, we realize how much we could be missing, or aren't aware of. Could you imagine how much we'd grow if all of us kept looking at things from a different angle and continued to step outside of our comfort zones? I love it.

No comments:
Post a Comment