Never have I ever...made homemade enchiladas.
Now this may come as a shock to many - especially if you know how much I love Mexican food. I love cooking. Love it. However, I rarely have the time to come home from work and actually make myself a meal that I can sit down at that moment and eat. (I usually make dinners for myself on Tues and/or Thurs morning that can easily be heated up on the stove. I don't use a microwave at home.) While at the grocery store tonight, I decided I wanted to make something I would never normally make. So, while stopping to buy some black beans for my salads this week, I noticed the enchilada sauce. So, on a whim, I picked up the rest of what I needed. They were super simple - filled with refried beans, black beans, and cheese with a salsa verde sauce on top. I'm so glad I stepped out of the box and made these because they were amazing! Plus, I realized how simple they are to make. Literally from start to finish (including cook time) - 20 mins. I'm always looking for fast and great meals. Now I have one. I can also use this simple kind of recipe to bake other wraps, as well. I look forward to making a roasted veggie one. Yum. Next time you're wondering what to make for dinner and are on a time crunch - I highly recommend making these.

No comments:
Post a Comment