Sunday, September 6, 2015

East Harlem

Saturday, September 5

Never have I ever...been to Erin's apartment in East Harlem.

It's kind of crazy how you can live somewhere for so long, see the same friends often, and yet never make it to their apartment.  In New York, this is a common tale.  Unless you have a specific reason to travel to Brooklyn from Queens (Oy!) or from the Upper West Side to Coney Island (ah!), then chances are super high it probably won't happen.  The commute to get there is one thing, but then thinking about the train schedules to come back home is a whole other journey (sometimes - late nights, weekends, holidays.) Now mind you, it's not all that bad; there's just a lot of thought that goes into it.  However, the end result is always rewarding.  I went to Erin's last night with a bunch of our Wayne State crew to welcome Adam into the city; he also went to Wayne State, and we happen to share birthdays, too. It was so nice to be around this group that I've know for so many years, and to see Erin's cute little apartment tucked inside a cottage looking apartment building.  All in all, it was a super nice evening, and a great way to spend a Saturday night. I'm just sorry it took me almost a year to make it over there. Haha. But - here's to new experiences! 


No comments:

Post a Comment