Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Road...

Have you ever wondered why some people are given obstacles in life. Some are given small hurdles. Some are given amazing attitudes. Some are given pessimistic viewpoints. Some are given everything with no effort. Some have to work their butt off to get where they would like to be...why does any one person get the specific road that they are destined to travel upon, and why do some have a smooth paved road, whereas others have the gravely and rocky back road; potholes and all? One of many of life's unanswerable, and yet, intriguing questions.

Throughout the past few weeks I have learned the real value of a true friend; I have felt what it is like to be that true friend, as well. I know the feeling already because I have many true friends. However, lately I have been so caught up in every other materialistic and unimportant (to an extant) event in my life, that I have been forgetting to take in those around me; to truly appreciate them. I have been wrapped up in my own selfishness of "I'm tired" or "I'm busy" to even take a deep breath and realize the weather had changed and the sun was beaming and lighting up the sky. Who is this person? Well, it's definitely not the me I know. It took a friend crying on my shoulder for me to wake up and realize that I was living in a blur. I talk so much of stopping and taking everything in, yet I have fallen weakness to my own advice. I suppose that is normal when one has a ridiculous amount of stress...but it's just an excuse. Stress is just matter that we build up; negative matter at that. It's unnecessary, and all it really does is get us sick or unnerved. Once I woke up from this foggy haze, things began to click a little better. Productivity was at a high again. Optimism and positivity were at a mezzo forte. And I was beginning to take in the breeze, the sun, the sounds, the world. Poetic/Dramatic? Maybe. True? Absolutely. I allowed my life to spiral down, but I have regained control and am now climbing back up the stairs to s
uccess. Life brings with it obstacles. With these obstacles come lessons. With these lessons come hurdles. Instead of backing away, I will run full force and leap over the hurdles...I can't wait to see what's waiting near the finish line. Wait. I take that back...I can't wait to see what lies along the path to get to the finish line. Isn't that what life's about anyway? Not reaching the end, but taking in everything throughout the journey that you travel upon to get there.


On the road to LA; another part of my journey...

1 comment:

  1. Damn straight, friend. It's been a challenging couple of days...really bad. Head full of muck and all I've been hearing is "why me".

    And then...I saw a homeless person walking down Hollywood with no hands, nothing but a stub of one elbow. No shoes, torn and tattered clothes, and sans friends.

    My day got a whole lot better when I realized how fkn lucky I am just to have two working eyes, hands, and feet. We Americans become so oblivious to our blessings. All of we little earthlings do.

    Thanks for taking the time to wake our asses up, Leone <3

    ReplyDelete