Saturday, June 18, 2011

A little walk...


It's amazing how much you miss in life if you take the faster route...When I first got the job at Starbucks, I used to walk to and from work everyday - a little over a mile and a half. For a while now, I've been so busy that I've been driving. Today, I walked. I had "me" time. Weird to say that, but it was time just for me - to kind of get centered and into my own first thing in the morning. On my walk home, I ran into three different friends on three separate occasions. First off, what a small world. Secondly, I wouldn't have had these encounters if I hadn't decided to take the longer route - to walk instead of drive. I also wouldn't have been able to take in everything that I've been merely bypassing for the past several months.

SATURDAY JUNE 18, 2011


My picture for today is something I've passed everyday, but never took a moment to stop and appreciate. My task for you: take the long way. Life isn't about reaching your destination, but what you encounter and learn throughout the journey.

FRIDAY JUNE 17, 2011

"Tuesdays at 4" has been picked up for another performance. There's no way I can miss being a part of this amazing group and the performance. Therefore, I have made myself a piggy bank and will begin saving all of my change so that I will be able to get to NYC by the date of the performance - September 23, 2011.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so bummed that the performance is pushed back until March - but that just means you'll have soooo much more phat cash saved for a truly awesome Big Apple Adventure :)

    ReplyDelete