
Everyone that knows me knows that I am not necessarily a hot dog type of person...however, today I stepped out of the box and tried one of the famous Pink's Hot Dogs located at Melrose and LaBrea. It's one of those classic places that, if you are visiting LA or living here, you have to go to Pink's. Everyone knows of it, and everyone loves it. I mean, what's not to love about a hot dog that comes with pretty much anything you want on it? The hot dog I had today was called the "Lord of the Rings" hot dog (as recommended per TJ), and it was pretty much amazing. I mean, come on - a 9'' hot dog layered with onion rings and drizzled with a sweet and tangy bbq sauce? That plus the company of an amazing friend? You simply cannot go wrong with that combination.
Although I have only been doing this photo challenge project (as I like to call it), for only about six days so far, I have already felt a complete change. I am noticing that I am legitimately taking in everything around me, not just observing, but studying it and really allowing all of the things surrounding me to have an effect. I am beginning to notice little nuances I never took notice of before, buildings, birds, trees, people, signs - things I was just bypassing everyday and not giving a second thought to. Through this project this far, I have become a better human being because I am taking in every piece of beauty around me. I am beginning to find the beauty in everything, and to be completely honest, it is actually already starting to become difficult to post only ONE picture from the day. I'm finding myself taking a few and ending up with options to post. What is absolutely amazing is that my goal with this project was to awaken myself and my senses, to ground me and to take more of a notice in the world, and in just six days it has done exactly that. I'm excited to see how much more of the world I will be taking in and admiring throughout the other 359 days...and after.
I hope you are enjoying my photo challenge as much as I am. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment