Friday, June 3, 2011

A New Adventure...


So...I have come up with my next adventure; it directly correlates with the way I think about life, about taking it all in. My friend, Patrick, introduced me to a man named Jonathan Harris. Well, not a personal introduction, but an introduction to his ideas. He began a quest to take a picture every day starting with the day he turned 30. "A simple ritual of taking one photo each day and posting it online, along with a short story, beginning the day I turned 30." I think this is a brilliant and amazing idea, and I am truly excited to accept this challenge. I will begin this endeavor tomorrow and continue for one year. 365 days of not letting the moments slip by, of taking in all of the beauty around me, and 365 days of love captured on film...er...memory card, in whatever form. I will also include a little caption with each photo. I choose tomorrow because tomorrow marks my 7 month anniversary in LA, and also the same weekend I moved out of NYC last year. (Wow! It's been a whole year already?!?!) It's a big day/weekend, and what better way to commemorate exploring life than to continue to capture the moments.

To view my inspiration for this project, please check out Jonathan's website at: http://number27.org/today.php. If interested (and I recommend), click on the "short video" link after the quote to watch a really sweet slideshow of all of his pictures.

I will continue to write in my blog as I have been, but I will be making it a point to post a picture every day, even if no thoughts are needed to be written out. I hope you are as excited for this project as I am, and I cannot wait to see what is in store.

Breathe in the life. Capture the moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment