Sunday, June 26, 2011

A walk and a pancake.

I walked to work this morning. I listened to a pretty good mix on my ipod that kept me moving, kept me happy. Then, out of nowhere, I wanted pancakes. and sausage. and orange juice. and a cafe misto. So, on my way to work (because I was going to be really early), I stopped at the ihop, which just happens to be conveniently placed near the bucks. I walked in, didn't even look at the menu, and ordered my pancakes. and sausage. and orange juice. It was AMAZING and truly the best way to start my way. I got to work and ordered a misto. Phenomenal. I then opened my book, enjoyed the 1/4 cup of coffee (I can't drink that much anymore, so weird), and began my day peacefully and happily content. My advice to you: always follow your heart...even if it leads you to pancakes; you will be much happier for it after. :)

SUNDAY JUNE 26, 2011

I don't know if this is cheating or not, but I didn't take this picture. HOWEVER, it was sent to me by my good friend, Valerie (who has an impeccable eye, eh?) who was thinking of me, so that counts right? She headed to the park for a little head clearing, and this (among other facets of nature's beauty) is what she saw. For me, this kind of acts as a reminder to let all of the stress go and just take in the simple things in life that can literally alter your mood and your entire day...such as a daisy.

SATURDAY JUNE 25, 2011

You would think I was on my way to the zoo, however you would be wrong...It's just a normal walk home from work on Melrose. What I love most about the specific area that I live in is the ever present art. There's always some new art being constructed; this includes the little boutiques, as well. The store front windows are something to be reckoned with. The sides of buildings are always being redecorated with some symbolic painting or phrase. These little blue prints brought a little smile to my face. I don't know if that was the intention, but that was the result...and I liked it.

FRIDAY JUNE 24, 2011

Well, tonight was our official closing night for "Hamlet: Prince of Darkness." Although, we have been extended for four weekends beginning July 8th, so it's not officially over. I am just so thankful that I have had the opportunity to work on "Shudder" here, as well as "Hamlet...;" it truly has been a blessing. Not only am I able to practice what I love doing, but I have had the opportunity to make many new friends. Through what this theatre has offered me, I have changed so much as an artist and an individual. Again, I am so thankful, and I look forward to future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment