It's how funny how we strive to be independent; we strive to be individuals, and stand up for what we believe in. However, sometimes you have to back down and digress no matter how much you may disagree, just because there isn't another option. The state of California has passed a law that everyone needs to have a food handler's license or something. Therefore, I also need to have one. The catch: you have to take it on YOUR own time, with YOUR own money, because if you don't? Well, then you should probably start looking for a different job. I don't agree with this because if this is something that is mandatory to have for work, then your work should be paying for it. A Lifeguard certification was mandatory to be a lifeguard, we were made to take the re-certification each year, but were compensated for our time and did not have to pay for the class. Unfortunately, I have to take the test because I still need a job. I know it doesn't seem like that big of an issue, it's just a test, right? What's the big deal? The problem is that it's ethically wrong. Eh. Whatever. I'm done with my rant. On another note, I have some pretty cool pictures. :)
THURSDAY JUNE 30, 2011

I went to lunch today at this West Hollywood staple dive burger joint with Mattie and Lo. The burger stand is run by the cutest asian family, and Sonya (one of the workers) knows all of her customers. When you get your burger, you also get a picture drawn by Sonya on your paper plate. The pictures alone, as well as their complimentary sayings, are enough to make your day. :)
WEDNESDAY JUNE 29, 2011

Amidst the chaos, the traffic, and the stress, we must remember that through it all, Life truly is beautiful. "Life is Beautiful." This picture was taken on La Brea just south of Fountain.
No comments:
Post a Comment