My friend Patrick sent me a blog posting to read today from a mother of 6 who lives on a farm and discussed the simple things in life that make the world go round. Everyday you may dream of these beautiful materialistic items, amazing exotic vacations, and trendy fashions, but at the end of the day, what makes you happiest? Sometimes, it's just curling up with the dog. Sometimes, it's just sitting on the porch with a drink. Sometimes, it's just watching the stars. All of these are things that we sometimes take for granted, but we need to remember the simple things in life. Here's the link for the article if you're interested in reading it: http://humblemusings.com/?p=3200. (I recommend - it's a good read, eye opening, and funny, too. We can all relate to what she talks about.) What are some of the simple things in your life that make your day? It's interesting...many of the things that make my day have been captured as a photo and have been here for you to see...
SUNDAY JULY 3, 2011

My festivities today included going over to my friend Steven's. He had a bbq. I, of course, was going to bring something...and therefore, thought to bring my mexican dip. This is one of my absolute favorite things, and I think of it as a "treat" because I don't make it all the time. It is seriously like crack, and if you are not careful, you will have eaten the entire thing yourself. No joke. So...good day with good food, good sangria, good people, swimming, beautiful weather, and the amazing sun.
SATURDAY JULY 2, 2011

Meet Matt...aka M2 (squared)...aka Matthew...aka Martini. How can this picture not make you laugh, if not at least make you crack a smile. When I turned around and saw this while working, I was dying laughing. I love the people I work with, how everything (even cleaning walls and behind cabinets) can be made into something fun, and that we are always laughing or making each other laugh. As stressful and rough the job can be sometimes, the people I work with make every day so much better.
FRIDAY JULY 1, 2011

Sometimes you just need some lovin in your life. This is how my soy (decaf) misto with extra foam was presented to me by one of my good friends at work. (I always get to work at least 30 minutes before my shift to chill, have a drink, and relax before I start.) Anyway, it was a pretty great way to start my day.
No comments:
Post a Comment