Monday, July 18, 2011

And the beat goes on.

What a week. I came back from Detroit to thrust myself right back into my normal busy life here in LA. I opened another show on Saturday, which meant rehearsals. We also had a pick up rehearsal for Hamlet. So, Work + Rehearsals + little sleep = my week. But it's ok. I love rehearsals and performing, I thrive off of it. I never get upset about going or hate the time spent; it's sort of euphoric for me. I need that creativity to live off of.

This week was also a week of friendships...friendships gone awry, friends from the past coming back, realizations of true friends, and working through the daily hurdles. Fascinating, thrilling, and intense ride. You don't realize how much of an effect the people you keep around daily have on your life until you stop to think about it, or until some event happens. I am thankful for who I have in my life.

MONDAY JULY 18, 2011

Skype. What a beautiful creation. Because of skype, I am able to not only have "face to face" conversations with my family and best friends, but I am also still able to "meet up" for a drink with a friend. Whitney and I always text and plan at least one skype date a week to catch up, laugh, reminisce, and have a drink together...however, usually I'm eating dinner and she's getting ready for bed. Oh, the three hour difference. However, I love that I am still able to have face time with my friends from New York. :)

SUNDAY JULY 17, 2011

I didn't just take this picture. I'm cheating; I actually took it before I started this project. However, I found it this day and found it so relevant in everything in my life that I wanted it to be my picture for the day. This was a piece of artistic graffiti at the end of my street. I love it and totally agree with it.

SATURDAY JULY 16, 2011

Full moons are fascinating. I find it bizarre and remarkable how a full moon can literally change people's moods and demeanors. Why is that? Why are people affected by full moons? It just makes me think that the universe is so much more powerful than we could ever imagine or possibly fathom it could be.

FRIDAY JULY 15, 2011

This photo was taken at about 12:15am as Jonathan, Adrianna, Samantha, and I waited outside of the theatre to see "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2." It's amazing how an immensely well written story can not only affect lives, but create a worldwide phenomenon. The mind is a powerful instrument and when used correctly, it can create amazing results. This movie sort of marked an end of a generation. The movies have been coming out for ten years, but before that, the books had been out for a few years. The story of Harry Potter has been around for most of my life and has also affected it such. Brilliant, moving, and mind blowing.

THURSDAY JULY 14, 2011

I spend a lot of time in my car driving to and from work, rehearsals, performances, auditions, zumba classes, or whatever. I happened to long in my side view mirror and capture a beautiful moment on the road. This is the world as I see it on a regular basis.

WEDNESDAY JULY 13, 2011

The drains are continuously getting clogged at work (the construction people are actually coming tomorrow to fix them). So, Samantha thought she would scoop the water out of the drain and dump it into the sink...until she realized that the sink led to the same drain she was scooping water out of; therefore not making any progress what-so-ever. This moment led to a twenty minute fit of laughter, snorting, and slapping of the knee. I love fits of laughter.

TUESDAY JULY 12, 2011

I met up with Julie for lunch in Brentwood, which is a city right outside of Santa Monica where she lives. Would you guess that this picture is actually in an alley? Yep. It's a small alley next to the cafe we met up at. I love how in big cities such as LA and NYC, everyone makes the best of the space they have. Instead of this being a boring, and maybe gross alleyway, it was made into a cute outside patio for the restaurant. Thinking outside of the box always = win. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment