MONDAY JULY 11, 2011
I began my morning with a cup of (1/2 caf.) coffee. and some poppyseed roll slices. Amazing. Grandma clearly couldn't send me back to the west coast sans poppyseed! It was a beautiful way to begin my week.SUNDAY JULY 10, 2011
SATURDAY JULY 9, 2011
FRIDAY JULY 8, 2011
Afternoon beer with a good friend...Correction: Afternoon OBERON with a good friend. Nothing compares to this. This is the quintessential way to spend an afternoon. I was reminded by someone who believed in me of everything I can and should offer to the world via talent. I absolutely love intelligent conversations that turn into philosophical and hypothetical ones that turn into random spurts of laughter and stories. Nothing like an afternoon Oberon with a good friend.THURSDAY JULY 7, 2011
Remarkable, isn't it? This is the view from my window of the plane. Breathtaking. The billowing ocean of cloud looks just comfortable enough to fluff up and roll around in. The clearness of the sky is enough to put your mind in a zen state looking out onto the endless horizon. The way the sun peeks into the picture is an everlasting reminder that you are being guided in life. It's amazing to think that I have never lived during a time when a view like this wasn't possible. Remarkable how many things we take for granted...WEDNESDAY JULY 6, 2011
The value of friendship again resurfaces. My second family here in LA was sad that I was leaving and each of them made sure they found me before I left to give me a hug and wish me a safe trip. Mattie and I grabbed lunch (my picture is of me and my iced passion tea lemonade) and talked...a lot (per usual) before I had to head back to the apartment and pack for the weekend.TUESDAY JULY 5, 2011
As you know, I love finding art. Everything is art. What I love about living off of Melrose Ave. is that there is ever-changing artwork all over all of the buildings, the ground, whatever. It's not graffiti (which is a different art form in itself), but it's art that is put there for a reason. This piece is just a section of a side of a building. I loved it.MONDAY JULY 4, 2011
Happy Independence Day! How did you spend the holiday? I worked, then met up with some of my second family for a bbq, and ended the evening on the side of a mountain watching the fireworks all over Los Angeles light up the horizon. I definitely have to say: it was pretty cool. It was somewhat peaceful watching from a distance, feeling like you were somewhat on top of the world looking out onto this painting that the fireworks were creating as it splattered the canvas of the night sky.
No comments:
Post a Comment