Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Importance of...

It's important to remember to slow down. Today, while walking to my car, on the same street I've walked down for three months now, I noticed a large orange apartment complex. How had I never noticed this before? It was beautiful, well kept, large, and on the corner. All of the times I passed this corner, I never noticed it? It was a reminder to slow down and take in my surroundings. How many times do we, as individuals, travel the same course, but never actually notice what's on along the path?

There was this woman that came into Starbucks today. I was doing something and looked up and said "WHOA! I Love your energy!" She smiled. Have you ever encountered someone that just as amazing, good energy and it kinds throws you off because it's so strong? Well, this girl today had it. I then responded with "you have such goof energy!" She responded with "You have really white teeth! and a great smile!" ha. I absolutely love, love, love encountering people with amazing energies. She kind of reminded me of my friend, Denita's energy. It's positive, warm, strong, and crazy. Amazingness rolled into one.

Tonight, I had a "Me" night. This entailed me grabbing Thai food. I came home. Threw on some of my meditation music. Meditated. Lit some incense. Had some wine. And talked to a good friend. This is the most relaxed I've felt in weeks. I've had a trying past week; however, we need to remember in those hard times to stay strong and be true to ourselves. I've cleansed myself of the negative and the hurt. I think it's important to do these things - to just relax in this fashion; to meditate. It clears the mind, it takes you away from the world and all of the insanity. It brings you closer to you. I have good things in my future, I just need to keep sending out that positivity.

I'm re-reading The Alchemist...for the 6th time? "When a person is in pursuit of his personal legend, all the world conspires to help this person accomplish his dream." I don't find it crazy or even weird that I have read this book so many times. I love it. I find so many different things in it each time. However, when I tell people that I've read this book so many times, they think it's crazy...or weird. Let them. I do what I do; they do what they do. I am on a quest for my own personal legend, also.

My note to you for the evening - sit. close your eyes. breathe in good energy. exhale the bad. allow your thoughts to wander. to drift. allow your mind to clear. allow yourself to listen to your own heart. to be at one with the soul of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment