I find it absolutely compelling and intriguing that when you are in a certain mood, a song that correlates with that mood may pop up on the radio or your ipod. Let's not even use mood - let's say you need motivation, you're down on yourself, you're overly elated, you've reached a pivotal moment; whatever the occasion, the playlist that ensues directly correlates with what you are feeling. Have you ever noticed that happening? The time when you are the most hard on yourself, that one song that has always inspired you randomly pops on. My question: is this mere coincidence or is this fate? Or is this some type of power that we possess in ourselves to send out a certain type of energy and in return, we receive what we need? I wish I could be more articulate on that, but I'm not fully sure how to be quite yet. However, I do truly feel that if we send a certain energy out into the universe, what we receive in return is a direct response to that. If you send out positive energy, wishful thinking, a belief on something, I truly believe that you will get those things in return. Obviously you'll still have your life lessons and obstacles, that's inevitable, and only makes you a stronger individual in the end. In conjunction with this, I also believe that the negative energy you send out, along with the "this will never work out" or "I can't do that" attitude also will be given to you in return. So, why not just send out positive thoughts, right? Besides, they're healthier for you and the world in the long run. :) Anyway...the whole reason I brought this all up is because yesterday morning I made myself a playlist on my ipod to walk to work to. I knew the songs were songs I wanted to listen to. However, once I began walking, I realized that they had a stronger meaning in a. not only the order they were played, but b. the context. They directly related to me at that given moment and gave me exactly what I needed to put the pep in my step. Perfectly perfect. Now, onto the second part of this paragraph - Throughout the day, I began dealing with people who were just being rude and selfish for absolutely no reason, for their own conceited reasons or what not. Hey, your prerogative. However, as I said before, when the time comes, karma can be cruel...real cruel. Why live every day being rude to random strangers who are actually flashing you a smile and genuinely asking how you are doing? People who respond negatively? I sort of feel bad for whatever reason they happen to be miserable for. Hopefully, they will find happiness at some point.
Last night the cast met up at the Director's apt and we had a "sewing party." Since the show has no budget, we have to provide our own costumes. So, to make things a little more fun, we decided to have a night where we get together, have some snacks, some drinks, and put together (or rip apart) our costumes for the show. There's something thrilling about ripping apart (and I mean ripping apart) a perfectly good article of clothing and making it beautiful in a whole different sense of the word. For one of my characters, I play a Wagoneer, a gravedigger of sorts. I had a really nice beige trenchcoat...and then I took the scissors to it. And then I began tearing it with my hands. Then i threw it in the dirt, stomped on it, swished it around, got the dirt embedded. Now, I have this really nice trenchcoat...really nice in a different sense. However, it is perfect for the character, and for me to wear as the character. Believe it or not, to rip and tear something to perfection for you to use like this also uses a lot of creativity so as not to do too much or too little. You're taking something apart (although it may seem like it), you are actually putting something together. Huh. Think about that one...Constructing by deconstructing. Fascinating.
On that note, it is time for me to get ready for the day and serve up coffee and lattes with a smile. How would you feel if the person ringing you up at the register was super friendly? Or the person handing you your latte gave you a little song with it? Sometimes, my customers get that type of service. A little smile, a little dance, a little song, but all in all, a really good drink (not to toot my own horn or anything). But, I'm not the only one who does that...almost all of the employees do that here, too. How did I ever find/get hired at a Starbucks that has good energy, laughs a lot, and enjoys their life. LOVE IT. Enjoy your day and remember to smile and laugh. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment