Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Disney, scarves, and mops, oh my!

 MONDAY OCTOBER 22, 2012

 Disney Monday Funday with Lauren and Mattie.  I had such a great day with these two filled with lots of talking (obviously), laughing (duh), and screaming (yay California Screamin'!).  I love having an annual pass because we can just take our time and do whatever we feel like doing.  There's no rush to fit anything in because we can always come another time and do it.  There's so much to do and see, and everytime we go it's a new experience.  Awesome.  We also got a lot of lovin' from our good friend Mickey Mouse while he was drumming in the parade, per usual.  Lots of kisses blown, the drum sticks pointing at me, and he even made a heart out of the drumsticks and pointed to me.  I love knowing someone in the parades; it makes me feel so special getting the attention when they go by. :)   The top left pic is of us on California Screamin' - Lauren's first time ever going on an upside down roller coaster.  She was freaked out.  The other two are of us waiting for the parade.  The last one is of me with Cruella (obviously).  So cool.  All in all, a terrific day.  I love being able to go on a magical vacation on my days off, only 30-40 minutes away. :)

SUNDAY OCTOBER 21, 2012
 
 I was feeling very New York tonight.  I got to wear jeans, a long sleeve shirt, a scarf, and my jacket because yes, it was cold enough.  Well, like 68, but still kind of chilly in terms of the 90 degree heat we've been having.  I'm not a big fashion person, but I really enjoy Fall clothes.  I love the pants, the light jacket, the scarf, the sweaters, the whole shebang.  I don't miss cold weather or snow by any means, but I do miss being able to wear clothes like this.  So, when I get the opportunity, I relish in it.

SATURDAY OCTOBER 20, 2012

 Julie and I skyped for TWO hours and carved pumpkins and drank pumpkin beer and talked...a lot.  (You can see me and my pumpkin in the upper left hand corner of the picture.)  I am so thankful for skype (per usual) because it allows for opportunities such as this to occur.  Whoever thought you'd be able to carve pumpkins with your best friend on the opposite side of the country while sitting in front of the computer screen?  Very thankful for technology such as this.  Beautiful way to spend my Saturday evening.

FRIDAY OCTOBER 19, 2012

  
 I went out for Happy Hour with Leona, Mattie, Zachy, and Leon.  Such a great time.  We haven't all hung out outside of work since probably last year.  I need to make sure I make more time for happy hours, as weird as that sounds, because having a few hours to just talk out life with some friends is so worth it.  Free therapy and life ponderings. haha.

THURSDAY OCTOBER 18, 2012

 
 I saw this sign while driving and obviously had to take a picture.  How perfect.  I hope it makes everyone smile when they see it, and really has an effect. :)

WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 17, 2012

 Mattie came over and we had movie night!  Chips + salsa + wine + Hocus Pocus.  Terrific October evening with great company.

TUESDAY OCTOBER 16, 2012

 
 I'm a Harry Potter nerd.  Everyone knows that.  Well, my family is. ha.  So is my friend, Alesha.  There is a store called Whimsic Alley not too far away from where my apartment is that is Harry Potter themed.  You walk in, and the place is designed as if you were in Diagon Alley, with storefronts on either side of you (yes, a makeshift alley with makeshift storefronts within a store.  Brilliant).  There's a costume store with house ties, scarves, robes, a wand store, toy store, mask store.  They even have butter beer (which I did not buy.  Next time.).  They have a smaller replica of the Great Hall, also.  Basically, I was the happiest boy for the thirty minutes we spent roaming around.  Now, to get my butt to Florida so I can go to Harry Potter world... :)

MONDAY OCTOBER 15, 2012

While at work, I asked Scott to clean floors.  He came back to me with the mop on his head.  Some days, I really love my job.

SUNDAY OCTOBER 14, 2012

 I moved my around.  No, big deal, right? eh. wrong.  I finally have it in a way where when you walk in it doesn't look like clutter central.  I don't have that much stuff, but the way my bookshelf was made it seem so cluttered because it was the first thing you would see when you walked in - a full five shelf book shelf.  Now, I have it on the opposite wall, so when you walk in, you see my bed.  Honestly, it's such a relieving feeling when you first walk in, more relaxing, which is exactly what I was going for.  yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment