I've come to realize over the course of the past few weeks that I hinder myself from being social. I go to lunch. I grab a drink. But I don't allow myself to relax because I feel I have too much to do. That's stupid. I made a goal, and am currently sticking to it (as you will see) to make sure I am experiencing my life. To make sure I am not holding myself back. To make sure I am staying on track with my goals and dreams, but also staying on track with being a social, outgoing, adventurous being. So, my task for you, is to make sure you are living life also. To make sure that you make that time for yourself, for the friends you haven't seen in a while, to laugh. I realized (after I laughed so much this weekend) that I haven't laughed, I mean, truly laughed, in a while. And that's not ok. Laughter breathes life. Live. Laugh. Love. Right?
MONDAY NOVEMBER 5, 2012
Beach day with Mattie! (The pic is Mattie jumping into the waves.) We randomly decided to head to the beach because the temperature was in the 90's. So, we headed on over to Will Roger's beach and played in the waves! Yes, I finally went into the ocean. After being here for two years, I finally went into the ocean over my waist. It was such a relaxing day. We laid out, talked, wrote, AND saw dolphins. You know it's always an AMAZING day when I see dolphins. :) Loving life.
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 4, 2012
*Today marks my two anniversary in LA*
I headed down to Santa Monica to have dinner and watch a movie with Julie and Anthony, but stopped at the beach beforehand. I just had an urge to see the sunset. I stood there for about 45 minutes and just thought. about everything. It helped ground me, to realize what is important in life, and to not let the little things bother me. There is so much more out there in the world. It's a beautiful place. The evening ended up being a great one - Julie made an excellent dinner and we watched (dare I say it) Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1. Julie made us! ha ha. Anyway, great company, great laughs, great times. Love having them as my family out here.
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 3, 2012
Casey invited us to go tailgating with her, Brynn, and some of their friends for the UCLA vs. U of A game. What a blast. We played gamed, grilled, drank, and again, laughed a ton. I haven't tailgated since college, so it was definitely a fun experience, and very different. We were there for the company and the experience, not to just drink. Such a lovely day.
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 2, 2012
Melissa came out to join us at and have a drink. Michigan in the house! ha. I'm a nerd. Anyway, it was so wonderful to have two people that I love, from home, in the same place. They're such wonderful friends with terrific energy and I am truly blessed to have them in my life. We talked so much, laughed a ridiculous amount, were weirdos, and obviously had a photo session. Perfect night. (This was actually from the night before, but it was after midnight, so it counts as this day. :)
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 1, 2012
Sean was in town for a day! He is en route to Portland, Oregon and decided to take the long way from Phoenix and drive up the coast. So, he stopped for a day in Costa Mesa to visit his friend, Lindsey, then spent the next day with me. We went to Santa Monica and walked the beach, had a drink on the pier, ate some Thai, and obviously talked a lot and caught up. It was such an amazing day. It's so awesome the people that you are blessed with in your life that continue to be there as time goes on even through distance and all that life throws at you. This year marks us being friends for nine years. Crazy!
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 31, 2012
Halloween has arrived. Here we are as Harry Potter characters. Alesha as Luna Lovegood, Myself as Harry Potter, and Mattie as Draco Malfoy. We worked all night amidst the craziness that was West Hollywood's Halloween Festival. Although it was wildly busy, we definitely made the night fun with great music, being goofs, and dancing while helping customers. Definitely a good time even though we were working.
TUESDAY OCTOBER 30, 2012
I needed to think. To clear my mind. To write. To reflect. So, I naturally headed to the beach. It was foggy and cold, so I was wrapped up in my scarf and long sleeves, but it was well worth it. I left refreshed and ready to take on the world. Note: need to remember to make time for self.
MONDAY OCTOBER 29, 2012
Nick and I headed to the bar after a long day at work in costume! He was Finn and I was Harry Potter. It was karaoke night at Barney's. I sang "New York, New York" in honor of all of my friends in NYC dealing with Hurricane Sandy. Then we sang a duet to Ghostbusters. The bar LOVED that one. So much fun.
SUNDAY OCTOBER 28, 2012
Brunch at Alesha's. Nick and I gathered over at her place and made pancakes, eggs, and mimosas. That would be Tonks (the cat) drinking out of my mimosa. She absolutely loves me and for whatever reason always wants to eat my food or drink from my glass. Eh. Good thing I love animals. :)
SATURDAY OCTOBER 27, 2012
Nick as Finn from AdventureTime and Me as a Newsie at Justin's Halloween Party. I love the creativity involved with coming up for costumes for Halloween. Next year, I'm going to be something awesome...I just have to think of what it will be...
FRIDAY OCTOBER 26, 2012
The Annual Halloween Party at Jim, Adam, and Jeremy's. (Last year, I fell asleep through it and never made it. oops.) It was a blast catching up with all of my favorite people that I've met doing theatre out here, as well as meeting new people. Here is Lauren, Jeremy, and I. The three musketeers that haven't been together in quite some time. Great night. Always a good time.
THURSDAY OCTOBER 25, 2012
Martin and I went out for happy hour today! We try to do this as often as we can (which proves to be only about once a month/every two months) because our schedules conflict like crazy. It's nice to sit and talk with him because he's so chill, is a great listener, and is great company. I'm so thankful I've made such wonderful friends out here. (By the way, he's eating fried pickles - Danielle's food of choice at a bar...I mean, always. :)
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 23, 2012
I decorated the store for Halloween! Cobwebs and big spiders everywhere! I love holidays and the excitement that comes with it. Just by decorating the store, morale and positivity went up with the team. It just goes to show a little team spirit can go a long way.
TUESDAY OCTOBER 23, 2012
My thoughts were proving to be insightful with a zen like quality. I was warm and comfortable in my sweater sipping my pumpkin spice latte. I was content. I captured the moment. This is me. Uninhibited.










No comments:
Post a Comment