Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thankful and Blessed.

 MONDAY NOVEMBER 19, 2012

 Some nights, the best thing to do is stay in and have a movie night by yourself.  So, I made myself some popcorn, poured a little bit of pineapple coconut water in a glass, and threw on one of my favorite all time movies, "Grease."  I haven't watched this movie in forever, but have been wanting to.  Let me tell you, I am just as much in love with it as I was when I was younger.  There's a reason this movie is a classic and timeless.

SUNDAY NOVEMBER 18, 2012
 Karaoke night.  Sundays are generally the only night I tend to go out, and it's after I close.  We head to Barney's Beanery right down the street from work; they have karaoke.  This night, we had a small group of people, which was a lot of fun.  Nick, myself, Scott, and Steph singing "Total Eclipse of the Heart."  Pretty epic.  Really funny.

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 17, 2012
"Friendsgiving" Dinner over at Matt's.  Matt had a bunch of his friends over at his place down in Redondo Beach for a Thanksgiving potluck dinner.  So much fun.  Here are pictures of Melissa, Casey, and I, as well as with Brynn and Matt.  I am so thankful to have them as my family out here.  It's comforting and humbling to know they're only a phone call and a drive away.  I am blessed to have become best friends with Jamie nine years ago, and have her family become mine.  People are definitely brought into our lives for specific reasons.  Love it.
 FRIDAY NOVEMBER 16, 2012

Very rarely do I drive in rain, this was the beginning of a two day stint driving in the rain.  It's a beautiful city in the sunlight, but for some reason, it's just as beautiful in the rain, as well.
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 15, 2012
 I went to the LA Zoo with Nick and Scott.  I said I'd be happy just to see the elephants.  The first thing we run into?  The elephants - at feeding time.  So, I got to see them oh, so close to me.  Elephants are such beautiful beings.  I want to give an elephant a big hug one day. :)

 WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 14, 2012

 Disney day with my friend, Drew.  It was so amazing and stress free.  We didn't wait in line for longer than five minutes for anything.  We talked, walked around, and laughed all day.  I love Disney, but I absolutely love it when it's decorated for the holidays.  Christmas is my favorite holiday; I just love everything about it (except the crazy shoppers...which is why I don't go shopping. :)  There's no way the Christmas decorations can't make you smile.  I think I get it from my mom, she always made Christmas a big deal with decoration, playing in the snow, making cookies, playing Christmas music, and watching Christmas movies.  Anyway, we were about to leave Disney, and they lit up with the castle with "snow."  Absolutely beautiful.

TUESDAY NOVEMBER 13, 2012


 I met up with Crystal today at Urth Cafe.  (Delicious almond milk green tea lattes, fyi.)  We've been trying to meet up for literally two months; we texted each other every week and our schedules just kept conflicting.  It's just so nice to have that friend that knows you so well and you can just relax, talk about life, and share different ideas and beliefs.  I am very thankful for her in my life, and can hardly believe it's already been eight years that we've been friends - four of which we never lived in the same state.  Crazy.

MONDAY NOVEMBER 12, 2012

 Happy Veteran's Day!  This drink was literally dedicated to all of my friends and family that have served the country.  It was never easy, them being away, but we all owe so much to them.  Thank you!

 SUNDAY NOVEMBER 11, 2012

 I am obsessed with Cream of Broccoli soup.  When I worked at Macy's, I always used to go to Le Pain on the 8th Floor to grab it.  At The Hallmark, I made Whitney always check to see if they had it when she would make her salads at Whole Foods.  Now, I always check over at Subway for it while at work.  It's so delicious and totally hits the spot every single time.  I'm currently looking for a vegan recipe for it...which could spell trouble because I would be making/eating it all of the time.

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 10, 2012
 Edamame!!!!  I am obsessed with this food - soy beans in a pod.  They have a whole bag at Trader Joe's for only $1.30.  I was cold and was talking to one of the workers at the bank when I was bringing the deposit from work over, and she was telling me I might be low on iron and I should have some edamame.  (No one really needs to tell me twice to eat this, love it!)  Apparently, it has a good amount of iron in it.  After buying the bag, I realized it does, as well as a good amount of protein, and with me being a vegetarian now, that is good news to me. :)  So, yay to eating more edamame.
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 9, 2012
 I walked outside and saw....snow clouds?  Well, that was my first thought, at least.  Snow clouds and palm trees?  Where do I live?  ha.  Luckily, it did not snow.

THURSDAY NOVEMBER 8, 2012
 On my way to work, I decided I wanted pancakes.  Since I was going to be pretty early anyway, I decided to stop at IHOP and grab some pumpkin pancakes and a glass of orange juice.  Let me tell you, what a great decision and an awesome way to start my day.  (p.s. that lump of white on the back of my place is a whole lot of butter that they gave me. ew.  I clearly didn't use it.)

 WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 7, 2012

 I spend so much time in my car.  I take for granted a lot of my the things I see.  Today, I happened to look in my side view mirror and just really realize how beautiful it is around me.

TUESDAY NOVEMBER 6, 2012
...and Obama is our new President!  What a crazy election process.  I love being out at a bar or public place when the president is announced because the excitement in the air is contagious and awesome.  When he won in 2008, I was at Studio 5 in NYC.  We ended class early and watched the election, then went out to one of the bars.  People are hugging and high fiving on the streets, buying randoms shots at the bar; it's a togetherness you barely see.  What I didn't like about the election, though, was how divided everyone was.  I get it - everyone has their opinions, but the hateful remarks and negative reactions were just sickening.  The only way anything will get better anywhere is by everyone working together.  Republican, Democrat, White, Black, Gay, Straight, Poor, Rich - we're all living beings that should be working together and using our ideas to make our country our better place, not by working against each other.  And so, I say "Four More Years" to the man who is fair and willing to listen and work together for everyone's best interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment