MONDAY OCTOBER 8, 2012
The birthday girl, Vanessa with not one, but two cosmos! (Why not?!) I just love this girl. I have been in four shows with her, one of them with her as the director. I feel truly blessed by the people I have met and become friends with here, her included. We met up at "The Federal" in North Hollywood with a group of our friends and had a truly great time reminiscing, sharing stories, laughing way too loud and way too much, and giving huge hugs between all of us. It was a great birthday for me, I'm sure it was a great birthday for her. haha. :)
SUNDAY OCTOBER 7, 2012
My second 27th birthday! Matt and Lo got me tickets to see Book of Mormon at the Pantages Theatre. So, we met up, grabbed sushi, enjoyed some drinks and good company, and headed on over to the historic theatre at Hollywood and Vine. I've been wanting to see this musical for some time, but I especially wanted Matt and Lo to see it because I knew that they would love it and find it absolutely hilarious. I was right. The three of us (as well as the rest of the audience) laughed hysterically throughout the entire show. So fantastic, such a breath of fresh air, and that little taste of NYC I needed in my life. My face hurt by the end of the show because I was laughing so much. We walked home, and finished the evening off with some Pinkberry. A perfect Sunday.
SATURDAY OCTOBER 6, 2012
Was talking to Danielle on the phone and she had to hang up with me to send my this picture of the tree on my grandparents' street because it was so pretty. I agree and thankful she sent it on over. This is something I do, in fact, miss about the East - Fall. I love the crisp air, wearing sweaters or hoodies, drinking Pumpkin Spice Lattes with that that specific scent of Autumn in the air (for those of you who have experienced it, you know exactly what I'm talking about). So wonderful.
FRIDAY OCTOBER 5, 2012
I love taking walks on different streets than usual, or even on the same streets. The key is to be actually being in the moment and taking in all that is around you. There's so much beauty everywhere that we so often overlook or skip...like flowers. Here's a pretty hibiscus I passed. Funny, they're kind of all over here, and while growing up (and even to this day), my mom has two hibiscus plants in front of our house. It's just interesting that I always seem to notice them...maybe that's why.
THURSDAY OCTOBER 4, 2012
This is my life lately. Water, smoothies, and dreams - literally and figuratively. I've been really focusing on my health for a while not, but I'm trying to make sure I'm getting certain vitamins in, and the easiest (and tastiest) way is through fruit smoothies. So, as a treat for myself after I work out, I make a delicious smoothie. That's another thing; it's been so hot/I've been so busy, that I haven't really treated myself to work outs for a while, and I can definitely feel the difference. I already feel better. It's something simple that I need to make sure I make the time for. Dreams - I've had crazy dreams lately, so I've been looking them up. They basically all come down to me being in an emotionally and mentally straining situation (yup!), but also that new creativity is blossoming and on the horizon (yay!). On top of this, I've also been re-evaluating my own life and dreams, where I'm at, where I'm going, where I'd like to be, goals, etc. Pretty deep stuff.
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 3, 2012
I love that I can be myself. All the time. And that person is goofy, weird, loud, confident, crazy. Luckily, the people I surround myself with accept me for all of my qualities, no matter how out-landish I may seem at times. I also love that they are down for adventures. I left work one day at noon and spontaneously headed down to Disneyland to spend the rest of the day with some friends. It was kind of a rough morning, which then turned into a beautiful day with tons of laughter and ridiculous times; like this picture. Here is Alesha and I caught by pirates. I will always be a kid at heart. Obviously.





No comments:
Post a Comment