Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Bonus!

One of the hard parts about taking "ONE" picture a day is that sometimes, certain things in your day are so important and special that they just have to be your picture of the day.  So, what happens when there is more than one?  Well, only one can be the chosen one, right?  eh. Here's where my current stress comes in.  How do I choose just one picture when the two events that happens today are so important that I need to post both pictures?!  Well, I decided that since it is my blog, I can do whatever I want.  (Ew, I sound like a six year old girl #it'smypartyicancryifiwantto.  Ew. I just hashtagged something.)  Anyway, moral of the story is: you get two pictures for today.  Enjoy. :)

WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 10, 2012

 Thank God for technology and skype.  Here is my first time meeting Baby Alexander.  He is just the most adorable little thing in the whole world.  Jack and Victoria headed to the hospital on Monday, and Alexander came into this world around 11:40am.  I am so happy for them and the new life that they will be having with this baby.  I can't wait til Christmas to really meet him and hold him and pinch his cheeks and tickle his toes.  Until then, skypes dates will be perfectly fine and extremely welcome.

 This is at my second open call audition since being in LA.  I don't like open calls...for many reasons.  Luckily, my good friend, Paige, came along and we had a great day...for many reasons.  So, going to the audition was pretty big in itself because it was for the Broadway caliber one hour stage show of "Aladdin" at the Hyperion Theatre in California Adventure.  So, I had to sing.  If you know me, you know I love to sing.  If you know me, you also know I have some self doubt issues when it comes to me singing.  So, I worked pretty dang hard the past couple of weeks to get my voice strong, to get the songs concrete in sound, acting, and emotion.  I was ready.  I went to the audition, had such a great time performing for the casting director, rocked it out, and went on my way.  I didn't get a callback, however, I am so thankful for this experience.  It proved to me that I can sing, that I am good, and that I am worth it.  Something better is just around the corner.  In regard to my feelings about open calls: you show up early in the morning, wait in line, sign in, wait around for another few hours, sing 16 bars, and then go home.  The life of an actor.  I don't mind it.  The part I do mind, is the weird energy that the other actors bring to the room that you also have to wait in.   Weird energy, negative energy, overdramatic people, people searching for attention from wherever they can get it.  It's a very interesting place, and a great place to people watch.  Being there taught me that I am different from a lot of actors in that I know who I am, I'm not fake, I'm grounded...I'm me.  And I like it that way.

TUESDAY OCTOBER 9, 2012

 I had time to make dinner.  I made a delicious stir fry (in between loads of laundry, fyi  When did I become an adult?!) for the first time in months.  Absolutely scrumptious.  It was a big mix of veggies including carrots, green beans, zucchini, eggplant, onions, green and red peppers, noodles, and tomato pesto veggie patties with rice and tortillas.  I blended my own spices and sauces for a unique taste, as well.  Great healthy dinner that filled me up, but didn't over stuff me.  I love cooking.  I especially love when the end result is completely worth the wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment