MONDAY MAY 28, 2012
I had a random craving for ice cream today. A. That never happens. B. I'm not even a fan of ice cream. C. It makes me sick. D. It was the best idea I've had in a log time. The taste of the Mint Chocolate Cookie was delicious and refreshing and exactly what I needed at that moment in my life. Weird how that happens, right?
SUNDAY MAY 27, 2012
I headed out to Hermosa Beach before work to have breakfast with Melissa and Casey and catch up. It's been way too long since I've seen these two girls. They're such wonderful friends and I wish our schedules weren't so busy so we could see more of each other. However, when we do get to see each other, it makes up for it.
SATURDAY MAY 26, 2012
Steph and I at work in the back room!
FRIDAY MAY 25, 2012
Love this girl. Lauren and I finally got to hang out after weeks of trying to. Naturally (as theatre buddies do), we saw a show at ZJU, but not before we went to Little Tony's and had their delicious pizza and a pitcher of Sam's. Always fun times with this one.
THURSDAY MAY 24, 2012
Danielle sent this to me with the caption "Cassie is eating me." My sister is a big nerd...and this is why I love her.
WEDNESDAY MAY 23, 2012
Random trip down to San Diego to head to the San Diego Zoo. Amazing place. So many animals, so many exhibits, and each exhibit is beautifully created to make the animals feel at home and not in captivity. For anyone who doesn't know this already, I love elephants (and dolphins, but there were no dolphins). I could have stayed over by the elephants all day and just watched them. Such beautiful creatures, huge, strong, wise, playful.
TUESDAY MAY 22, 2012
At the La Brea Tarpits. It's hard to believe that animals of this stature lived basically exactly where I'm living today. Excavations are happening on a daily basis just about 1 1/2 miles from, and bones are being dug up regularly. Crazy, and yet super cool.
MONDAY MAY 21, 2012
Uncle Mike was in town and among the sites we saw, we of course headed to the beach.
SUNDAY MAY 20, 2012
We often have to remind ourselves that there is beauty within or underneath the surface. Amidst the ferris wheel, roller coasters, and vendors, amidst the tourists, sunglasses, and drinks, this moment lives. This is the Santa Monica Pier. Well, beneath the Santa Monica Pier. Peaceful and brilliant in it's own way.
SATURDAY MAY 19, 2012
Beer Tent. Midnight BBQ. Anyone that has been friends with me over the years no this is the night of the summer. You start off at the beer tent at SJA and then head back to my place for, well, a midnight bbq complete with Mark's specialty chicken wings, some flip cup action, a bon fire, and electric lemonades. It has been a tradition for years, and although I haven't been a part of it in a couple of years, they still include me when they go by taking pictures and sending them to me...and of course the drunken phone calls that also ensue. :)
FRIDAY MAY 18, 2012
I love my mom. Her and Danielle were no doubtedly being nerds.
THURSDAY MAY 17, 2012
My fruit salad. The colors were so beautiful against each other because of how fresh everything was, I had to take a picture.
WEDNESDAY MAY 16, 2012
I went out to lunch with Crystal today to a vegan restaurant on Larchmont called "Cafe Gratitude." I am now obsessed. Amazing food, terrific vibe. This was posted in the bathroom. How can that not make you smile?!









I read about this place in vegetarian times and I wanted to try it, at the time I think it was in Northern California. I love living with gratitude always and sharing love and light. Namaste'
ReplyDelete