Monday, April 18, 2011

Sleep

The sun's rays have been been poking at me from around corners, through the leaves and branches of the trees, through the window shades, through the clouds, and through all of the sky so that it may leave kisses on my skin. It has succeeded. Although the past few days have been absolutely beautiful and warm, I have been stuck inside looking longingly at a vibrant sunlight that I am used to having soak my skin for 8 hours of work a day. However, in the little bit of time I have had outside, I have managed to garner a slight golden flavor to my skin, and it makes me a happy and healthy individual.

I'm on a course of reorganization and transformation. I have been reorganizing my life and attempting to consciously put in the efforts (which is a lot) to better myself and continue forward on my path of life. Each evening, or as the day goes on, I have begun to make lists of things to do that I, in fact, have been accomplishing by day's end. This is a huge feat considering I do not have much time in a day because my shift at work is generally 12-8:15 - right in the middle of the day. However, everything happens for a reason, and I meant to be doing what I am currently doing. Good things come to those who put out good energy. I was reminded this week of a time in my past when I used to get frustrated with the little things - minuscule actually. It's pointless, and negative energy like that doesn't need to be thrown into the universe; there's enough of it. I'm now at a point that if something is really irritating me, I step back, breathe, analyze, and step back in realizing that it is better to look at things from a different perspective. This is somewhat difficult at times because of the rudeness that many people display on a daily basis...after a while it gets to you. I will, however, be making even more of a conscious effort to not allow these things to effect me...and I will succeed.

At the beginning of the month, I had a feeling that a lot would be happening really soon...and I was right. I was just cast in another production at Zombie Joe's Underground Theatre; it's a new play based off of Hamlet. I'm really excited to be in another production and be able to use my artistic abilities to create characters; I love it. The director had seen me in "Shudder" and called me to be in her show because she enjoyed my performance so much. I was truly honored and taken aback by the phone call, and am thrilled to be a part of it. On another acting note, I have gotten three auditions within the last two days. However, I cannot make two of them because of my now full schedule. That positive energy just needs to continue to be sent out and good things will return. I'm in love with the present, but I am excited for what the future may hold, also.

One of the greatest things about my time in LA so far is that I have made some truly great friends and met some really amazing people. It's funny how the universe has a way of throwing certain people into your life. I have been blessed with the people and friends I now have in mine. They make me laugh, they make me smile, and they complete me. It's a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment