Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Let It Be

Random occurrences of inspiration are surprising and welcoming all at the same time. The last few days have been just that. I've had my "eh" moments, of course, I mean, I work with the general public on a daily basis...I'm going to have my moments. Aside from that, though, I feel like I'm in a good place. I'm sort of becoming rejuvenated; as spring is reemerging, so is a lot of my creativity.

I think my transition has a lot to do with my conscious effort to make a change, a cleanse if you will. I began my healthy lifestyle again that I used to be pretty hardcore about. I'm checking and making sure I know exactly what is entering my body - reading labels, buying certain foods and not buying others, skipping the high sugar or sodium option for something healthier...and in just the few days I've done this, I've felt a dramatic change in me. I actually feel lighter. I feel freer. I feel rejuvenated in a sense. I felt so bogged down when I wasn't feeding my body what it needed. This just goes to show how much a simple change in diet can totally change your daily life. On top of that, I'm making sure I wake up early to work out a bit, as well as become productive. It's a really great feeling to feel accomplished. Instead of stressing about all of the things I have to do, I'm focusing more on the moment and doing what I can...You're only one person. Besides, stressing does nothing except make you feel miserable. By consistently looking at everything ahead, you forget to take in the present. Sometimes you don't even realize you are doing this until the moment is passed and you're looking back on it...So, a note to you: take in everything around you, every moment. Breathe the air, smell the winds, feel the sensations around you, and smile...because you are living.

When I see something as a result of someone's passion, I am inspired. When I hear someone speak of something they are passionate about - whether acting, writing, teaching, or even accounting - I am inspired. When I see people truly enjoying what they have set out to do in life - I am inspired. To see someone follow and accomplish their dreams - I am inspired. To see someone smile - I am inspired. It's a beautiful gift to have a passion and a love for something so great that once you are there, all you can do is revel in the beauty and share it with the world. That's what your passions are there for, right? To breathe it in, to allow it to encompass you, and then to ultimately share and influence. Glee inspired me tonight, as it usually does. Why? Because these actors came from nowhere and are doing what they love everyday...what I love...singing, dancing, and acting...and they're sharing they're passions and gifts with the world and making a difference - that's the best part. They are constantly changing lives and truly inspiring, with whatever storyline or song that may be present at the time. I hope that I will have the opportunity one day to share my passion like this, to make a difference, and to ultimately change someone's life. I want to use my gifts and talents to give back...in whatever form "giving back" may take - whether it's to make someone smile, to make someone shed a tear, to relate to the character, to the song, to open your eyes to some important issue. I just want to give and inspire with what I have been given. People always ask me what my "ultimate goal" is, and honestly, I never truly have answer...or an answer they like. It isn't to win an oscar, or an emmy, or to be on the cover of a million magazines (although those would be great along the way), it would be to make a difference...to give and inspire with what I have been given. Yep. I think that sounds about right.

I found out today that one of our customers' dogs passed away this weekend. It got me thinking about Cassie and how much I love and miss her and can't wait to give her a big hug and kiss when I'm home in May. She's the most amazing dog in the world...almost human, as Grandpa would say. She's been a best friend through everything and I love her...and I also love our newest addition to the family, Lola.


No comments:

Post a Comment