Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Naked Grape

The title of this post is the brand of Pinot Grigio I am drinking right now. It was only $6, and is amazing. It's the right amount of dry with the right amount of sweet. It's perfect...and perfect for me in this moment. I find that when I become sad, upset, or down, a glass of wine and a good talk with a friend is all it takes to bring you back to your normal self. That being said, don't you find it amazing how how your friends know exactly when you need them to call you? I was kind of having a rough day, for many reasons - some trivial, some recurring - all issues that can be easily overcome, and when I got home from work I just lied down on my bed. Here I was, a twenty five year old curled up in a fetal position on my bed because I couldn't luster the energy to do anything else. I decided it was time for my pick me up - a glass of wine and some veggie pizza. On my way, a friend called. We talked for an hour about anything and everything, and by the time the phone convo was done, I was back to myself. Isn't it amazing how certain people can have that effect on you. The crazy thing is - they're not even trying: they're just being themselves. Do you ever stop and wonder why certain people were put into your life and at the exact times they were put into it? I do, but then I have to stop myself...because I wouldn't have it any other way and I am so thankful that I have been blessed with so many amazing people in my life.

I worked at a different store today. It was really bizarre. I'm ridiculously close with everyone I work with and they're my closest friends outside of work, too. So, being in this new place was so weird and new to me. The store was really small and really slow - completely opposite of mine. And the people I worked with enjoyed drama - completely opposite of mine. I felt like there was more of a competitive atmosphere when they would discuss their "other" lives - outside of Starbucks. aka modeling, acting, etc. Whereas, at mine, everyone is sooooo supportive of everyone else and is only encouraging and uplifting to you and whatever it is that you do. While working at this store today, I literally stopped and thought and questioned...why was it that out of everywhere that I applied, and all of the different Starbucks I applied to, why was it this one that I ended up at? I know it was because I meant to have these beautiful people in my life as an addition to my family. I cannot even express how blessed I am and feel. It's amazing.

Speaking of amazing people - Jamie Lynn is coming to visit this weekend. I cannot even wait to have her in my life. It has been far too long. The last time I saw her was when mom and I stopped in Phoenix on our way to LA. It's going to amazing and wonderful. Her, Melissa, and I will get to spend the whole weekend together. So excited. Then, in June, Julie is coming to visit, and I CANNOT wait for her to get her butt here, either. In less than a month I'll be in Michigan celebrating the marriage of Jack and Tora. I can't believe it's already this close! I'm stoked to see the family and be stupid and ridiculous and laugh a lot. A lot of great things coming up in the next couple of months.

Live in the moment. Breathe in Today.

2 comments:

  1. OKAY. i'm literally tearing up while reading this. i wish i could say this without sounding like a cheese ball, but i can't. and i really don't care. i am so in love with you and our wonderful family. i can't handle it. it really is super weird to me that we all ended up where we are, at the time that we did. i honestly wouldn't have it any other way. i hope you realize what an amazing person you are FrankieJ. besos boyfrenn<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing, as well, and I truly mean it when I say I'm blessed to have you and the rest of the crew in my life. :) Much love...

    ReplyDelete