Sometimes you have to go back to where you started to get a
clearer vision of your purpose, and to start over. Subconsciously, I headed in this direction
today. I’m currently sitting at the
Starbucks on Melrose typing this. This
was the Starbucks right by my first apartment on the West Coast. This was the place that I spent hours at
refining my acting and work resumes, submitting myself to auditions, and
ultimately trying to find my place in this new big city I wanted to call
home. I haven’t sat here since I moved
away from that apartment. However,
emotions and memories are now flooding back into my mind. A determination, a drive, a relentlessness to
pursue my dreams and welcome success. No
dream was too big. Money would come…somehow. I was naïve, yet not; I was skilled and
prepared.
Throughout the past two years, I’ve faltered, I’ve fallen, I’ve
lost my way. However, I have also picked
myself up, I have risen, and I have overcome crazy obstacles that have been on
my path. I would say that I was lost at
times, but I would counter that by saying that I always had hope and faith that
things will work out. I still do.
You know those breakthrough moments we get where it seems as
if the clouds have parted and the lights of God shine down between them (we all
know that specific image I am talking about).
Yea, well, I had that moment this morning. I had a God light moment. Shockingly, it happened after spending all
morning preparing my tax paperwork. Normally,
I would be stressed and annoyed.
Instead, I was enlightened and excited.
It was as if I didn’t know the next step to take for so long and all of
a sudden everything sort of made sense.
The past month has been a crazy one; a roller coaster that
would definitely send one screaming because of the loops and the sheer speed of
it. Well, at the end of it, I found my
way. I was along for the ride for most
of it, but I finally feel as though it’s slowing down enough for me to take in
a bit of the view around me. It’s kind
of exciting to think about the journey and the steps needed to be taken to tread
on its path…which leads me back to the beginning few sentences – starting back
at the beginning. I knew what I needed
to do when I first moved out here. However
the issues overtook my ability to pursue them.
So, two years of living and learning later, I am ready to take those
steps. I have built a confidence in
myself and my craft that I did not have before.
I’ve created a family and support group in a whole new place. I’ve gained a whole creative force of artist
friends that are with me for the ride and always ready to create.
I’m thankful that I have been given so many gifts in my
life; one being life, itself. I am very
thankful that I have the ability to take in everything around me and allow it
to influence me in some way – always learning.
Why did I write this?
So that if you feel lost or broken, that you can maybe go back to the
beginning, reflect, and maybe your next step will appear. I mean, we’re all in this together, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment