SATURDAY FEBRUARY 16, 2013
I never have Saturdays off so I didn't really know what to do right off the bat, but what a beautiful day off it turned out to be. I made myself breakfast, went for a hike, and then headed to Santa Monica to hang out on the beach. It was 80 degrees, so perfect beach weather. Drew met up with me after work, and Melissa stopped by before she headed into work. Such a great relaxing and fun day. I love beach days. I need more of them.
FRIDAY FEBRUARY 15, 2013
Andrew Steven! (His pictures may begin to overtake my blog...and I'm totally ok with that. :) This was the most recent picture taken of my favorite nephew; Mark sent it over to me.
THURSDAY FEBRUARY 14, 2013
Went out for drinks and a movie with Drew Bear today! I'm glad that we're becoming better friends (We've worked together for over a year). He's a great friend, interesting person, great story teller, and hilarious. Needless to say, we laughed a lot.
WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 13, 2013
Julie sent me this picture today of Andrew sleeping. I've kind of told them that I want pictures sent to me daily or every other day. So, they're living up to that so far. I love that I'm still such a part of everything even though I am so far away.
TUESDAY FEBRUARY 12, 2013
I officially met Andrew today...via facetime. He woke up for me and kept looking at me. He loves me, too! He's so fascinated by everything, it's awesome to watch. I could literally just watch him all day.
MONDAY FEBRUARY 11, 2013
My nephew, Andrew Steven, was born today. I love him so much and can't wait to hold him and spoil him forever. It's amazing how you can feel so much love for someone you haven't even met yet.
SUNDAY FEBRUARY 10, 2013
My first painting. I got a lot of art supplies for my birthday/Christmas, and this was the first painting I made with them. I needed something inspirational for my wall because I get so hard on myself so often. So, staying positive is my mantra. Dream. Believe. I Can.
SATURDAY FEBRUARY 9, 2013
Out to dinner for sushi with Lo and Matt. I love our dinner dates. It's a chance to go out, chill out, catch up, and laugh a whole lot. Love these two.
FRIDAY FEBRUARY 8, 2013
Adrianna came into town to hang out with all of us for the night. It was so great to see her/hang out/catch up. She's such an inspirational person and great friend. Very thankful we still stay in touch.
THURSDAY FEBRUARY 7, 2013
Lo's last day at work. I don't know what I'm going to do without her there. She helps me in so many ways, not just work related, but she helps keep me sane. ha. I'm going to miss working with her so much, but I'm so happy she has a wonderful other job.
WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 6, 2013
I attempted to make my mom's spaghetti sauce tonight again. I also tried to make meatballs by using a faux meat. However, they all broke. So, next time I'm going to have to come up with something else. I'll get it one day! I love challenges. Besides that, the food was delicious and Mattie and Dakota enjoyed it, as well.
TUESDAY FEBRUARY 5, 2013
Strawberries for a snack! One of my favorite times of the year are when strawberries are in season and on sale. I love them so much.
MONDAY FEBRUARY 4, 2013
I walked past this today. I love paths like this; it's one of the things I loved about my old apartment. It just gives it so much personality.
SUNDAY FEBRUARY 3, 2013
Black Bean Burger Wrap with avocado and bbq sauce. So delicious. Easy meal to make, filling, and super tasty.
SATURDAY FEBRUARY 2, 2013
How can bright yellow flowers not make you smile. :)
FRIDAY FEBRUARY 1, 2013
I know it's just a single leaf, but it struck me. So, I captured it. It's sometimes the most unlikely things in life that grab our attention.
Try adding a beaten egg to your faux meat and see if that helps your "meat"balls hold together any better.
ReplyDeleteI did! I think I may have put too much in because I'm trying to replicate the recipe my mom uses, just using faux meat instead. So, next time I'll change things up a little bit and see what happens. It's a fun process because the day I succeed, it will be profound - like a light from the heavens shining down on me as the clouds part, a gospel choir singing in perfect harmony to give me chills, and the taste of the perfect faux meatball will make the world fade away for an instant. Dramatic, much? (I really do want a gospel choir to sing to me, though... :)
Delete