THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 20, 2012

I know many people say this, but I truly mean it: I am one of the luckiest guys alive because I have the most amazing friends in the world...and I'm not exaggerating. I am so thankful for each and every one of them because they each bring something unique and beautiful to my life; hopefully I do the same. Julie took me out to dinner tonight for my birthday and we went to this tapas restaurant called Piccas. Absolutely delicious food, as well as a wide variety of options. The picture above is of us being goofballs and eating the leftover chocolate from our churros with our fingers. Fantastic evening with one of my best friends.
WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 19, 2012
Again, not the most artistic picture. True, it's just a fan. However, the story behind this fan and the fact that it is currently in my apartment makes it picture worthy. So, during this heat wave we've been having, I have been attempting to find a fan. No store has them in stock. Basically, they're not in season, so when the stores ran out, they didn't order more. Stupid, right? It's California; fans should always be in season. None-the-less, I spent one of my days off cruising around LA looking for a fan. You name it, I went there - Target, KMart, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Home Depot, even Costco. Nothing. So, I went home, hopped on the computer, and ordered it online. And, finally, here it is. So thankful I won't be sweating when trying to fall asleep tonight. :)
TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 18, 2012
I had time to make myself dinner, and I wanted something different. I ran into the ravioli in the freezer section and couldn't even remember the last time I had ravioli in spaghetti sauce. So, I decided to get it. I made broccoli and garlic bread, and poured myself a glass of wine. Altogether, a very enjoyable evening with delicious, homemade food. There's something so compelling about cooking. I love it.
MONDAY SEPTEMBER 17, 2012
A magical day at Disneyland. Now that I am a Disneyland annual pass holder (Thank you mom and dad for that amazing birthday gift), I can now go basically whenever I am free to get my fill of magic in my life. I went with Alesha, Drew, and Mattie. I couldn't choose just one picture because so many were amazing, so I made a little collage. It was such a wonderful day of laughing and smiling. I cannot wait for many more future memories to be made this year. (Pictures from top left working clockwise: Space Mountain, Sleeping Beauty's Castle, Hollywood Tower of Terror, Splash Mountain)
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 16, 2012
This may seem like an odd, weird, or non-artistic picture to add, however, this fence was the first time I really thought it was Autumn. I saw this old picket fence after walking my friend Alesha home after game night. It made me smile. There was a little bite to the air - not cold, not warm. The crescent moon shone above. Skirting the bottom of the fence was an array of dead leaves. It was as if I was experiencing the Fall I am used to, even if for a brief moment.



Happy Belated Birthday, coffee on me whenever you are free. I understand how you feel about your friends, I too have the most amazing friends. It is a blessing to have such a wonderful support network. xo
ReplyDelete