Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Award Shows and BBQ's

 MONDAY APRIL 8, 2013

 The production of Hamlet that I was in last year was nominated for five LA Weekly Awards: Best Actor, Two Best Supporting Actress, Best Direction, and Best Production.  We ended up winning Best Actor for the amazing actor that Hamlet.  He was such an amazing person to work opposite of and I loved being his Laertes.  Anyway, the theme for the event was Post-Apocalyptic.  So, my friend Vanessa (who was also in the cast) and I got together and got ready together.  We made some pizza, had some drinks, and threw on some layers and dirty looking makeup.  The top picture was us getting ready, the bottom picture is us ready to go.  We had such a blast together all night.

SUNDAY APRIL 7, 2013

 Apparently, Andrew's new thing in sticking out his tongue.  haha.

SATURDAY APRIL 6, 2013
 
 BBQ time!  This is my favorite (and only) British friend, Anastasia bbqing some veggies, steak, shrimp, and veggie patties (thank you).  She's in the cast of the Oscar Wilde play that I am currently in.  I haven't had bbq-ed food in so long.  What a fun night of great food, drinks, and lots of stories and laughs.  

FRIDAY APRIL 5, 2013

 My friend Jonathan plays in a band every Friday night at Piano Bar in Hollywood (among other places) every Friday night.  A bunch of us went up there to watch, support, and have a drink.  I love having talented friends.

THURSDAY APRIL 4, 2013
 
 My cousin Victoria posts pictures of her son, Alex, all the time on Facebook, and that's kind of the only way I get to see him since he's also in Michigan.  So, I thanked her for posting things, and she responded with this.  He's so adorable and always smiling.  Love him!

WEDNESDAY APRIL 3, 2013

 Yesterday, I received an e-mail from one of the managers I sent my headshot and resume to in October thanking me for my submission and asking if I had any footage.  I responded by saying I did not, but I would have something for him the following day.  So, the next morning, I met up with a friend who recorded some scenes for me, spent a while editing it so that it could look somewhat professional, and then sent it on over.  The manager thanked me for my quick turnaround, but said that they were looking for talent with solid film and television credits, but that I had a great look and I will find my perfect match.  He told me to keep him posted on my successes and wished me the best.  I responded nicely, and he responded again saying I should join a specific Michigan in LA facebook group with a bunch of different Michigan transplants to LA so I could network and get support from other Michiganders.  (He's originally from my home state, as well.)  I thought that was so sweet.  All in all, this experience showed me that I do have what it takes, that managers and agents really do believe in you, also, that there are people that do want to help you succeed, and that I can do anything if I put my mind to it.  Throwing a pretty good reel together in a few hours?  Right.

TUESDAY APRIL 2, 2013

 I love this little guy.  I love when babies where these little clothes, but they're all always a little big on them.  They're just so cute!!!!

 MONDAY APRIL 1, 2013

 Lauren is one of my best friends.  However, we never see each other because our schedules are both all over the place.  So, we decided to both make sure we had a day off so that we could grab a late lunch and a happy hour.  It's hard to believe you can talk so much with someone over the course of so many hours.  What else could you possibly have to talk about, right?!  Wrong.  We didn't stop talking the entire day.  We had such a blast and laughed so much.  Much needed day with an amazing friend.

SUNDAY MARCH 31, 2013
 
For me, buying gifts for someone is always so difficult.  Clothes - I don't have the best taste; plus, what size do you get?  CD's? Who buys those anymore.  (I think I may one of the only people that still uses them.)  I like to do something a little more personal - sharing something I love with the people I love.  So, I began buying theatre tickets to shows as gifts.  It's not only a gift for that day, but we get to have a day of it - dinner, drinks, show.  "Beauty and the Beast" at the Pantages Theatre was what I got for Matt, Lo, and Mattie for Christmas.  We went out to our favorite Mexican restuarant, El Compadre, for dinner and drinks, then headed to Dylan's Irish Pub next to the Pantages for $3 beers before the show.  Then, enjoyed some theatre time with the music we already love.  Such a fun way to spend Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment