Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Headshots and Faires

 WEDNESDAY APRIL 24, 2013

 One of my final choices retouched.  I think this might be my default headshot.  

TUESDAY APRIL 23, 2013

 Proofs.  Here's the hard part about headshots - picking out a couple to get retouched and use for all of your submissions.  And so the process began...and lasted all afternoon.

MONDAY APRIL 22, 2013

 All of my babies.  I happened to get all of these during the same week.  Brennan (Emily and Nathan's), Andrew (Mark and Julie's), and Alex (Tora and Jack's).  Love them all and they make me smile every time I look at the pictures.

SUNDAY APRIL 21, 2013
 My first time at the Renaissance Faire.  I went with my theatre people again, and a couple of Vanessa's friends from high school.  What a fun experience.  We walked around, checked out the vendors, ate some food, watched some shows, laughed a lot, danced in the middle of  a whole bunch of musicians, and had an amazing time.  The bottom left corner is of wands inspired by Harry Potter of course.  The woman running the booth was pretty awesome and we ended up becoming friends with her and returned later in the day.  So cool.  Cool experience.

 SATURDAY APRIL 20, 2013

 One photo from the shoot that Chris sent to me.  He had touched it up for his own portfolio.  It got an extremely positive response on facebook from my friends, family, and peers.  I also, really like it a lot.  He did an excellent job.

FRIDAY APRIL 19, 2013

 New Headshots.  Yay!  I met up with my brother's friend, Chris, downtown for some new headshots to use.  The ones I've been using are a little too old and I don't feel they completely represent me anymore.  They look like me and I can definitely use them, however, I don't feel comfortable anymore because I'm such a different person from when they were taken.  It was a fast shoot with a lot of great shots.  Very professional and fun.

THURSDAY APRIL 18, 2013
 Today is Grandma and Grandpa's 60th Anniversary. They are a couple of amazing people in my life.  They have always supported us all and have been there for everything - swim meets, plays, graduations, more plays, honors nights, ice shows, plays, take care of you when your sick, best care packages ever (Still :), and have an insurmountable amount of love.  They are irreplaceable and I am so blessed to have them in my life.

WEDNESDAY APRIL 17, 2013
 Disneyland with some of my favorite theatre people.  I've work on four shows with Vanessa, and two with Willy and Natalie each.  Needless to say, we've all gotten pretty close.  It was awesome to be able to spend the day at Disney and hang out.  We just had some drinks in California Adventure, walked around, enjoyed the ambiance, and rode a few rides.  At the end of the day, we went over to watch my friend, Mickey, in the parade.  Per usual, we got lots of love from him.

TUESDAY APRIL 16, 2013
 Jessica arrived in LA today.  She's been contemplating moving for a while, but she finally made it.  I'm so thankful she decided to make the move.  So, we've been enjoying LA.  First stop: the Hollywood sign.  What better way to be welcomed to LA, right?

 MONDAY APRIL 15, 2013

 I bought myself a tree when I was at Home Depot the other day to represent a new beginning, a new era of growth for myself.  It's still alive and thriving.  It makes me happy every time I look at it.  I just need to find a better spot for it.  It's amazing how treating yourself to a little gift, even a little tree, can make you so much happier.  Treat yo' self.

SUNDAY APRIL 14, 2013


 I decided to make some roasted vegetables.  So, here are peppers, broccoli, asparagus, sweet potato, onions, and mushrooms drizzled with olive oil, rosemary, and a little bit of garlic. Delicious.

SATURDAY APRIL 13, 2013

 
 Some backstage fun with Anastasia.  I'm really enjoying being in another show and everything that comes with it - the thrill of acting, the excitement of getting close to your cast, being on stage.

FRIDAY APRIL 12, 2013
 Yes, this is my toilet.  Weird picture, but there is a point.  The flusher had broken, as well as the toilet seat.  So, I headed to Home Depot to fix it myself.  Home Depot is large and intimidating, by the way.  However, I made it through, found what I needed, and honestly, couldn't wait to fix something up and come back buy supplies (what?!).  So, I came home and then proceeded to install it all by myself.  I wouldn't call myself a handyman by any means, but I am definitely a problem solver and I can figure out any problem.  This was a pretty big accomplishment for myself, and I'm really proud of it.  (Btw - the flusher and seat only cost $8 altogether.  I'm the best at shopping cheap :)

THURSDAY APRIL 11, 2013
 I skated for the first time in four years tonight.  It was kind of scary, kind of exhilarating, kind of nostalgic.  It was such an awesome feeling to be on the ice again.  I'm thankful for all of the memories that all of those years at the rink have for me, as well as for the skills it has given me.  However, I am also thankful to be able to go and just free skate.  I had such a blast skating around, doing spins and jumps.  I was able to do them all, even my axle.  I need to work on my doubles next time, and I need to make it a point not to wait four years for the next time I skate.

WEDNESDAY APRIL 10, 2013

 He fell asleep after eating.  So cute.

TUESDAY APRIL 9, 2013
 This picture was posted on the LA Weekly website for their recap of the awards ceremony.  I'm kind of obsessed with everything about it.  So cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment