MONDAY JANUARY 2, 2012
I am currently in the process of teaching myself piano. I got a keyboard for Christmas from Mattie, and I absolutely love it. New beginnings, right? I've already taught myself a few chords, written a song, and learned some of the fingerings. I think piano is a good route for me. Now I can finally write my own music to put with the lyrics that I've written. Songwriter in 2012? Why not? The possibilities are endless. Never say no. Never doubt yourself and your abilities.
SUNDAY JANUARY 1, 2012

...And so begins 2012. A new chapter. A new beginning. More and more breathtaking sunsets on the horizon. This year is going to be a beautiful one.
SATURDAY DECEMBER 31, 2011
HAPPY NEW YEAR! We celebrated the New Year in style by wearing pj's and playing games!!! Lo and I decided last minute that we'd host a small new year's gathering. We picked up some small appetizers after work and drinks. I made the mexican dip and crack cheese. Everyone came over around 9:30 and we spent the evening talking the night away, laughing a ton, and laughing almost every minute. It was an amazing way to bring in the new year with people you love in exactly the way you it.
FRIDAY DECEMBER 30, 2011
You know you're best friends when you wake up in the morning and you end up putting the same type of shirt on. ...And no, this was not planned. I went to pick Lo to drive her to work and we both started laughing because of our matching shirts. Her exact response "TWINSIES!!!!!" Love it.
THURSDAY DECEMBER 29, 2011
I ventured out of my comfort zone and submitted myself to a photographer that was casting for a commercial shoot. It didn't pay, but I get the pictures/he gets the pictures for his portfolio. It went terrifically. He was great and really helped me out a lot. It was an excellent learning experience for me in so many ways. 1. It was a great acting exercise, to remember to constantly have intentions, active choices, etc. Everything resonates. You can't be "dead" in the shot, just as on camera or on stage. Nothing resonates. 2. It showed me how the world sees me versus how I see myself. Sometimes we're just a little too critical on ourselves; myself most definitely included. Instead of searching for the flows, we should work on finding the beauty in everything...not just ourselves.
WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 28, 2011
I came downstairs and noticed the living was a pink-ish/purple-ish color. Then I saw the light coming through the windows; that indescribable beautiful sunset that puts you in awe just by looking at it. Pictures don't give it justice at all. I shot straight into the sky to get the palm tree and to make sure I could get the color, light, and shadow variations. Beautiful.
TUESDAY DECEMBER 27, 2011
I hung out with Matthew after work today and we grabbed food and stopped at one of our favorite coffee houses; Intelligencia. It's located in Silver Lake and has a very hipster vibe with excellent espresso beverages. They melt their own chocolate for their mochas and their espresso has a perfect balance of sweet and bitter. It's kind of a nice break and a treat to venture on over to this coffee house
MONDAY DECEMBER 26, 2011
Although I haven't been in my own home for the past ten days, I have enjoyed the company of Oscar and Georgie. As I was about to fall asleep, I looked up and saw them lying there. They're such sweet dogs and they reminded me of how much I really enjoy having the company of an animal. (Don't worry, I'm not going out and getting myself a dog. It also reminded me of how I am not a place in my life to own my own puppy. :)
SUNDAY DECEMBER 25, 2011
I love my Cassie Dew. After skyping with the family and opening gifts via satellite, as well as eating Grandma's poppyseed roll with Mom and Danielle, Danielle sent me this picture. How can you not love her with all of your heart?!
SATURDAY DECEMBER 24, 2011
My cousin Jenna sent this to me. The family was over my Grandma's for Christmas Eve and all of the picture cards I have sent over the past four years were on her fridge still. It was kind of cool to look at when she sent it to me because you get to see the different places I've lived and how I've changed throughout each picture. I've matured and grown in so many ways. Can you tell a difference between all of them? (Times Square was 2008, Rockefeller Tree was 2009, Santa Monica Beach was 2010, Hollywood sign was 2011).
FRIDAY DECEMBER 23, 2011
I discovered a new Chinese Food place near my apartment. I'm in love. It is sooooo good. It's not the Detroit priced five dollar chinese, but it's definitely worth every penny, and anyone who knows me, knows my love for chinese food. Excellent find.
THURSDAY DECEMBER 22, 2011
I was sitting outside reading, looked down, and saw this. It kind of kept my attention for a bit because of how cool it looked and the juxtaposition between nature, man made objects, and reflections.
WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 21, 2011
My LA Family Christmas. Me, Mattie, Matt, and Lo. We made an excellent taco dinner and opened gifts. It was a beautiful evening full of laughs, stories, and tons of wrapping paper. :)
TUESDAY DECEMBER 20, 2011
The stockings are all filled and ready for our Family Christmas dinner tomorrow! I absolutely loving getting gifts for people and watching their reactions. This is Mattie's first time ever having a stocking, so it's pretty exciting!!
MONDAY DECEMBER 19, 2011
It's hard to believe that it has been a year and a half since I've lived in New York City. Time sure flies. Here is a picture of Whitney and Marnie on our annual "Christmas walk." Three years ago, I got all of us together (and Martha) and we toured NYC's Christmas decorations. We started at 34th St. with Macy's, grabbed a coffee, and headed down Fifth Avenue. We would stop at the tree at Rockefeller Center and continue down Fifth Avenue admiring the lights, talking away, and enjoying the company. I'm glad they've kept this tradition going; I'll be back to do it with them again one of these years. :)








No comments:
Post a Comment