Sunday, December 11, 2011

Surprises

 WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 30, 2011

Lo and I and our Christmas tree!  Apt. 12 is getting festive and into the holiday season!  It's so nice to be living with your best friend and be able to create so many new and great memories in your life.  This has been such a great experience already, and it's only been one month!  I am so thankful.  Tis the season...Cheers to new roomies, a beautiful new apartment, and the beginning of a wonderful holiday season.

TUESDAY NOVEMBER 29, 2011

 First thing in the morning - drinking coffee out of the new Tigger mug mom bought me when we were at Disneyland.  How can you not smile with that mug in front of you?!

MONDAY NOVEMBER 28, 2011
We're simplistic.  We find a tree and instantly need to take a photo shoot of fifty pictures.  I would like to tell you I was joking, but we would both know I'd be lying.  Finding fun and having adventures in the most unexpected of places? Perfect.  I think we all need to do that more.

SUNDAY NOVEMBER 27, 2011
 THE BEACH!  This is something that, everyone who knows me, knows I am obsessed with.  My mom and Danielle are also obsessed with the beach.  It may or may not run in the family.  None the less, a trip to the beach was a definite must.  We obviously had a photo shoot, laid out and caught some rays, and ended the day with margaritas on the pier.  Beautiful.

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 26, 2011

What better way to celebrate life than to spend a magical day at Disneyland?!  One of the things on my bucket list was to go to Disneyland with my mom and Danielle at the same time because I knew it'd be ridiculously fun and a day full of memories.  I was right.  The three of us had the best time ever...I don't think I'll check it off of my bucket list yet, though, because I want to do it again. :)

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 25, 2011
Danielle was coming to visit me...and my mom came with her and surprised me.  Clearly, it affected me.  Completely and utterly surprised, and the start to an awesome weekend.  This is when I first saw her at the airport.

THURSDAY NOVEMBER 24, 2011

 Thanksgiving dinner at Uncle Mark's.  Uncle Mark took in his adopted nephews and niece, along with having his actual nephew, Matthew, over for Thanksgiving.  It was a fun/great tasting dinner with plenty of laughs, stories, and old and new memories.  This is what Thanksgiving is about - enjoying every little moment, and taking those moments in a day to really talk to and really listen to those around you.  It's a reminder of how we should be living everyday.  Spread the love.

WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 23, 2011
 Was flipping through a book at the store and this was one of the things I saw.  It's so true and something I strive to live by for sure, and totally believe in.

 TUESDAY NOVEMBER 22, 2011

 Family dinner night!  I made one of my favorite dishes - Baked chicken with cream of broccoli and stuffing.  Amazing!!  I made low a veggie burger wrap with caramelized onions and Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce.  All of it was amazing. (The company was obviously amazing, too.)

MONDAY NOVEMBER 21, 2011

Today is my mom's birthday!  This woman is the most brilliant woman I have ever had the opportunity to have in my life, and I am beyond thankful to call her my mom.

SUNDAY NOVEMBER 20, 2011

 It rained all day.  I had the day off.  I watched the rain through the balcony window from the comforts of my apartment with the blinds wide open.  It was a perfect movie day.

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 19, 2011
 How many times have you looked through your closet and said "Ugh!  I have no clothes! I have nothing to wear!"  Probably a few times.  I'm definitely guilty of this for sure.  However, here is an example of combining different clothes items - all older - to create a whole new look.  I'm not a fashion person, nor am I pretending to be, however I was kind of excited at the look that resulted from a sweater I threw on that I bought in high school (yes, high school), and how it blended with my newer style to create a casual, yet dressy ensemble.  Next time you get frustrated while looking through your closet, try blending something old with something new; you may surprised.  This is a good philosophy for a lot in life, actually...

No comments:

Post a Comment