SUNDAY DECEMBER 11, 2011
After a day of shopping, Lo and I ended the evening with arts and crafts. Here are all of the mini stockings with all of my co-workers' names on them. To personalize our store a little more and bring in a little more of the holiday spirit, we decided to buy garland and these stockings to hang at work in front of the bar. I'm excited to see how it'll end up looking. (A picture, I'm sure, will follow.)
SATURDAY DECEMBER 10, 2011
I was sitting on the futon watching a movie and glanced to my left. This was what I saw. How could this not make you smile and appreciate life. Christmas brings with it so much beauty and pure happiness. Love.
FRIDAY DECEMBER 9, 2011
I was walking into my apartment building and I noticed this flower bush. It's clearly always been there, but I've never really noticed it/taken it in. I think I need to open my eyes more to see what's around me. I used to be so good at that; I need to get back to that place. I think we should all try to be in that place. Can you imagine how much we bypass and don't even give a second glance to everyday? How many times have you passed the same thing and never really noticed it until way later. It's time to open our eyes and take in the world. The time is now, the moment is ours. Carpe diem - Seize the day.
THURSDAY DECEMBER 8, 2011
Disneyland with Steven and Terah! Going to Disneyland with these people has become one of the things I look forward to most. We don't get to hang out all of the time because of our schedules, so it's nice that we schedule time to hang out every month...at Disneyland. (Thanks Terah!) A good time is sure to be had, laughter is sure to be hearty and plenty, and an insane amount of pictures are sure to be taken. Love them. (This picture was us on the Matterhorn.)
WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 7, 2011
I bought this picture of a painting from the Fairfax trading post a few weeks ago, but finally hung it on my wall. I absolutely love everything about it. I love the beauty that comes with the supposed "death" of the tree. Is it death? or is it a new life? With death comes new life and a new beauty or new view of life? I just the artistic and spiritual value symbolized within.
TUESDAY DECEMBER 6, 2011
We got stockings!!! It's really feeling like Christmas, now! Lo and I clearly have stockings, but we also got one for our honorary roomies, Mattie and Martin.
MONDAY DECEMBER 5, 2011
Carrying over from Sunday night, this picture is taken at about 12:30am, Martin is making an apple pie. Who ever said making apple pies at midnight was a bad idea? It's the BEST idea. If you haven't done it, I suggest this, too. Kind of fun to be hanging out in the kitchen and baking...or watching your friends bake...at 1am.
SUNDAY DECEMBER 4, 2011
Peppermint Hot Chocolate night! If you haven't done this yet this year, I suggest you do. Grab some good friends, grab the hot cocoa mix, the almond milk (my favorite), and peppermint schnapps. Throw on some Christmas tunes and you're good to go.
SATURDAY DECEMBER 3, 2011
Lo and I decided to be even more festive and bought garland to hang on the wall with Christmas lights! AND we hung it all by ourselves. Teamwork and determination. Pretty exciting. It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas.
FRIDAY DECEMBER 2, 2011
It's funny how something (even something weird or stupid) you see can spark memories, whether good or bad. I saw these pants while at the mall with Martin and instantly started audibly laughing hysterically. Red pants. The story behind it? Two years ago in NYC, Paula and I headed out of the bar from Marnie's birthday festivities to get to the subway. While waiting for the train, some guy with BRIGHT RED leather pants walked on by. We thought it was hilarious (we may or may not have consumed some...um...beverages) and talked about them and made jokes about them and thought they were the funniest things ever. This then prompted a photo shoot by trying to be inconspicuous, as well as taking pictures of the ground and in front of the handicapped signs once on the train. Not funny to anybody else, but these pants brought back a flood of memories and laughter. Love it. It's the simple things in life.
THURSDAY DECEMBER 1, 2011
This is a picture of all of us at El Compadre - one of my favorite restaurants. This was taken the first night that my mom and Danielle were in town, but I keep looking at it because I'm so glad that they finally got to meet my second family, and my second family got to meet my family...all over margaritas. The best.






No comments:
Post a Comment