Over the last few days, I have been in some sticky situations, mostly because I don't have any "family" out here in California. However, after thinking, I was thinking of the family I do have. Sure, we may not be blood related, but if I ever needed anything, these people would be there for me as if we were, and vice versa. It was one of those "realization" moments that kind of puts a tear in your eye, wakes you up, and reminds you that the bonds and relationships you have formed with the people in your life are irreplaceable. I have a close knit family in NYC. I have a beautiful new family in LA. And of course, I will always have my family in MI. It's just nice to know that I have been given some of the most amazing and best people in the world, and I wouldn't change it for a thing. I am thankful for them every moment of everyday, and love them to the fullest, and I know the feeling is mutual. Don't let the days pass you by without realizing and appreciating the people in your life; you never know when they won't be around anymore.
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 12, 2011

I was extremely productive this morning, and even after I completed my "To-Do" List (Yes, completed), I had time to spare. Although I had just finished a pretty great work out a few hours earlier, I decided to go for a walk - just around the neighborhood. It was actually a pretty nice and relaxing walk; no expectations, no destination, just me living and taking in every moment. I looked at the amazingly clear blue sky. I looked around at the copious amounts of eclectic shoppers and walkers. I looked down at the designs engraved in the sidewalks. I checked out the shadows of the palm trees. Shadow. When is the last time you even noticed your shadow was there? I never actually pay attention (unless it gets in the way of a good picture, ugh.) However, I stopped in my tracks, turned around and looked at my shadow. Her was what I saw. An outline, and yet a reflection of you. Sometimes you just have to stop and check remember to take in everything and everyone around you - especially those you take for granted.
TUESDAY OCTOBER 11, 2011
It was superhero day at the bux. Or, shall I say, Jonathan and I decided to make it superhero day at the bux. You've got to make fun and live every moment. Make yourself laugh...even at yourself. :)
MONDAY OCTOBER 10, 2011
I was walking home and I saw a ginormous flower bush with these beautiful bright flowers. It caught my attention, made me stop and really take in the beauty. It's cool how the flowers are pretty small, but make a lasting affect when compiled together. Directly under the sun's light - stood out like crazy. Finding the beauty everywhere.
SUNDAY OCTOBER 9, 2011
I will never get sick of seeing palm trees, or seeing the sun creep its light through the branches. This is where I am meant to be, and I am reminded each day I wake up. The sun, the warmth, my life; I love it all.



No comments:
Post a Comment