Friday, October 21, 2011

Blue Skies and Smiles


FRIDAY OCTOBER 21, 2011

 This may just look like a jumble of crap in a casserole dish...and it sort of is, but it is soooo much better.  So, I finally actually had time to cook dinner for myself tonight, so I made one of my favorite dishes.  (I LOVE cooking, I just lack the time to do it.) It's boneless chicken breast with cream of broccoli on top and stuffing on top of that - baked in the oven at 350 for one hour.  Amazing doesn't even do it justice.  Just try it; you will be addicted...like I am. :) 

THURSDAY OCTOBER 20, 2011

 
 This was my fortune from my fortune cookie.  I liked it and hope it happens.  Soon.  Especially since I'm sick...and not happy about it. :)

 WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 19, 2011

 No, I was not in a meadow.  No, I was in a valley.  I was not on a picnic or hike or near some other beautiful landscape.  I was actually walking down my street to my car.  Yes.  It's crazy how you take so many things for granted and forget to look around.  This was a really beautiful image, and it's something I've passed everyday, if not numerous times a day.

 TUESDAY OCTOBER 18, 2011

 I went for a walk and this is a privacy fence a few blocks away from my apartment.  I love it...everything about it.  Obviously, the color caught my eye at first, though.  I love finding art in everything - even in a simple privacy fence.

 MONDAY OCTOBER 17, 2011

 The Starbucks Crew...or most of us, at least.  We all went out to dinner at Maggiano's Italian Restaurant near The Grove.  Simply amazing food. (It was family style, and I of course made sure we ordered gnocci.) We had such a fun time.  My stomach ended up hurting from being so full and also from laughing so much. Starbucks gave us a certain amount of money as a reward for sales during the frappuccino happy hour period during the summer.  This is how we spent the money. :)

SUNDAY OCTOBER 16, 2011

 I kept asking for a sign that I was being watched over, and then I came home and this was on my wall.  Sure, maybe it was just some sort of reflection from the sun in the window, however, in my entire year of living in this apartment, I've never witnessed this before.  I've read before that a rainbow is a sign that someone is watching over you, that God is watching over you.  (The next day, I happened to look in the sky, and around the sun and through the clouds, there was yet another rainbow.  I think I am being watched over..)

SATURDAY OCTOBER 15, 2011

 This makes me smile every time I see it.  This is a sign on a garage not too far from my apartment.

 FRIDAY OCTOBER 14, 2011


Beautiful blue skies.

THURSDAY OCTOBER 13, 2011

I went Downtown to the Art Walk for the first time.  I also rode the LA Metro for the first time.  I felt like I was back in NYC slightly.  I was ridiculously excited about it, and had an amazing time.  Lo and I found a mechanical bull at one point, and I made her ride it.  Why not?  You only live once. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment