Saturday, December 4, 2010

Just Breathe.

My life has changed dramatically since the last posting over a year ago in my New York blog. I, personally, have changed, as have my surroundings. Along with the current differences, there have been amazing experiences in between. Everyday, a new opportunity arises for one to take in, learn from, and ultimately be affected by. That is why I am beginning to blog again; to make sure that everyday I am keeping my eyes open, I am taking in my surroundings, and I am living life to the fullest - as best as I can. I have encountered way to many people in my life, and especially the last few years, that exist. That's it. They simply exist. They do not live. They do not breathe in the fresh air, admire the nature that exists around them, stop to hear the waves crash on the beach, or even partake in a face to face and deep conversation. I'm not going to pretend that I don't get caught up in the rush of daily life and forget to stop and enjoy living, because I do. I'm human. However, acknowledging this realization will make for the beginning of a new level of awareness, and in turn, a more fulfilling life.

I have been on a quest for my own personal legend, following my dreams and listening to my instincts. It's a road that I will be traveling my entire life, and I am thrilled that I have listened to my own heart and am open enough to allow myself to continue down this path. There have been an insane amount of obstacles, and there will be plenty more. There have been the negative and condescending individuals who try to bring me down with their words, actions, and jaded views, but their energy bounces off and does not settle within me. I will encounter people like this the rest of my life, and that's ok; I just hope they can find their own personal and inner happiness in some fashion. Along with these obstacles, I have had my guides to assist me along the way, both in the physical and present form, as well as the spiritual. I have been blessed with the gift of friends...true friends. These amazing people lift me up each day, encourage me, and ultimately are there for me in every way. It's as if (as cheesy as this may sound) they each complete me in their own way...I am a living being made of various parts and pieces, and each one of these special people in my life is a puzzle piece in my own jigsaw puzzle of life.

Anything worthwhile and noteworthy does not come easy. If it did, then the appreciation and respect for your desires would not be as expansive. Of course, life would be so much easier if everything was handed to you, but would I choose that route? Absolutely not. I have had experiences through the good and the bad that have molded me into the man I am today, and the man I continue to grow into and become. I am noting this because of my own current events occurring daily. I have made the move, literally cross country, to again follow my instincts and my bliss, and pursue my acting career. I am an actor. I am a singer. I am a dancer. I am an entertainer. Performing is the one thing that elevates me to a whole different level of living. It is when I am happiest, when I feel so at home, when I am on a natural high, when I feel energized, when I feel like everything is so right. Feeling that bliss is unequivocal and utmost rewarding. It is a testament that you have listened to your own heart and are pursuing your life's desire and quest.

And so, I say to you: What is your heart's desire? Have you shot it down because of your own doubts or because of society's views? Or have you allowed yourself to listen and are currently traveling down this road? My wish for you is to be happy. Go outside. Breathe in the fresh air. And remember to not just exist, but to really live. Live life...you only get one shot at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment