TUESDAY NOVEMBER 27, 2012
I had a rough day today. I was down on myself. I thought back to all of the negative, nasty people in my life who have doubted me, who made fun of me, who didn't believe in me - until I began to figure out who I was and surrounding myself with great energied people. People say you are your harshest critic, but for a lot of my life, I was a far nicer critic on myself than people I encountered - peers, friends, teachers. However, through it all, my passion, my drive, my pursuit of my dream never faltered, and although I may not be where I would like to be just yet financially or career-wise, I am on my way. I am respected by fellow actors and directors. Casting Directors praise me in their workshops. The just hasn't been quite right yet, but it will be. And because I believe, I know my wants, my visions, my dreams - they'll come true.
This is a little plaque I have that Danielle bought me one year for Christmas. This is what turned my negative thoughts into positive ones, and steered me in the right direction again. "If you can dream it, you can do it." Absolutely.
MONDAY NOVEMBER 26, 2012
I spent the day at Disneyland. (Mom, that annual pass you got me for my birthday has definitely already paid off. Thank you!!) We purposely went to watch the show "World of Color" in California Adventure. What a show it was. Lights, lasers, water, mist, fountains, images, projections, music, syncopation - all of it was beautiful, breathtaking, and a visual masterpiece.
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 25, 2012
Julie and I skyped. This picture is clearly one of the best we've ever taken together. ha. just kidding. I love my skype dates with my best friends from the other coast...but it always makes me a little sad because I wish I could be physically in their company. Soon enough.
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 24, 2012
I hiked for the first time in a while today. I forget how much it really helps me clear my thoughts, negative or clouded, and helps me grip with reality, goals, and ideas. I always get to a sort of zen state afterward that's both rewarding and freeing.
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 23, 2012
The puppies. The tree was up, and therefore, it was photoshoot time with Cassie and Lola. I just love these puppies so much and cannot wait to give them huge hugs when I am home in a month.
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 22, 2012
Thanksgiving Dinner at Mattie's. I made turkey, tofurkey, cheezy pototaoes, corn, stuffing, green beans, mashed potatoes, broccoli rice, gravy, and rolls...and for whatever reason, I doubled the servings of everything. (I'm not used to cooking for more than one!) Of course we had plenty of wine and pumpkin pie, as well. It was a nice, chill, relaxing Thanksgiving. It definitely made me realize all of the things that I am thankful for and have to be thankful for. I am so blessed to have met and become friends with all of the beautiful people in my life. What a journey it has been so far, and I cannot wait to continue enjoying the ride.
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 21, 2012
I have said it before (many times), and I will probably say it again (many more times), but I am so very thankful for technology. Because of video communication technology (did I sound smart?), I was able to video chat with the family in Michigan, as well as Nicholas and Katie in Atlanta to celebrate my mom's birthday. So, we were virtually and literally able to sing Happy Birthday. So awesome.
TUESDAY NOVEMBER 20, 2012
Best Friend Day at The Grove with Lauren. We saw "Wreck It Ralph" and walked around just a little bit while soaking up the Christmas magic that was around us. Lauren is one of those people that you can count on to lift your spirits, laugh with, and have a good time with - always guaranteed. Very lucky to have her in my life.





November 24th. Hot.
ReplyDeleteAlso, that is a horrific picture of me. Ohmijesus.
ReplyDeleteBut good times!