Sunday, September 11, 2011

The end of August

WEDNESDAY AUGUST 31, 2011

Nothing compares to a cup of coffee and a good book. The relaxation, the stretching of the imagination, the moment to be taken into another world; it's the best. I love spending mornings, evenings, or even all day doing this. It is so easy to get sucked into a good book, and before you know it, the day is gone. It's a blessing and a curse to love reading as much I do. :)

TUESDAY AUGUST 30, 2011

On our last day in Traverse City, we walked around the Downtown area and we spotted this. I instantly smiled. I don't know if that was the artist's intention, however I'm sure his or her intention was to make a difference in someone. It worked.

MONDAY AUGUST 29, 2011

Our last day in Traverse City. Here is a picture of my family sans my dad in the lobby of the Great Wold Lodge where we spent the weekend. It was the first family vacation we had taken since our Hawaii trip in 2004. It was a fun weekend and one of my favorite weekends back in MI since I've been away these past three years.

SUNDAY AUGUST 28, 2011

What do you do when you are in Northern Michigan and near at least ten vineyards? Wine Tasting, of course! Here's the group at Black Star Farms spending the afternoon wine tasting. All of their wines were pretty delicious, but my favorite was a cherry wine, which I bought a bottle of. Traverse City is known for growing cherries, therefore all of the vineyards had a cherry wine. Amazing.

SATURDAY AUGUST 27, 2011

It's a beautiful thing when friends are able to withstand distance and time and still remain as close as they used to be. Amy is one of those to me. We became really close friends in high school, and now twelve years after meeting, I got to be at her wedding, as well as do a reading. It was a beautiful wedding and I couldn't have wished for a better guy for Amy to be married to. I'm so grateful that I was able to be a part of her special day.

FRIDAY AUGUST 26, 2011

Julie and Frank. Jalochie and Frankels. NYC and LA. Back in MI. Luckily for us both, our trips back home coordinated with each other. That clearly equals: trouble, oberon, story telling, an excessive amount of laughing, and a photo shoot at some point. Here is one of my favorite pictures from our photo shoot for the day. This is a great representation of our friendship and basically who we are.

THURSDAY AUGUST 25, 2011

Before I headed to the airport, I decided to stop at the beach for a few hours to kill time/avoid traffic. Here was the view when I got off the beach and headed back to me car. I said one last goodbye before I headed off to MI for the weekend. Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment