Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Day of Remembrance

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 11, 2011

In honor of the ten year memorial for the September 11th attacks on the World Trade Center, I decided to use a picture of me from when I first moved to NYC in 2008 on the Brooklyn Bridge with the Manhattan skyline behind me.

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 10, 2011

Lo, Matt, Mattie, and I decided to randomly have a bbq. So, I brought italian sausage that mom sent back with me from MI and sautee-ed some peppers and onions. Lo made mac and cheese and beans. Matt bbqed. Mattie provided the location and the soundtrack for the day. It was a beautiful day for a family dinner, and the food, as well as the company, made for an incredible afternoon.

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 9, 2011

Lauren and I met up at The Grove to see "The Help" (Go see it if you haven't yet!), and since we got there early, we decided to stop by the Farmer's Market for a drink beforehand. Lauren is also one of those amazing people in my life and I'm so glad we became such good friends through "Shudder." What I love about big cities is that there are always fun and fresh things happening. This evening, there happened to be a jazz band playing...and awesome jazz band. These guys could play. I know that sounds dumb, but it ended up being a truly awesome evening with a great friend, good brew, and terrific music.

THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 8, 2011

Sometimes you need a day to yourself...or even a couple of hours. I try to do this as often as I can, just as a way to sort of collect my thoughts, be by myself, and ponder life. I got to the beach at about 1o am and no one was really there yet. I stayed until about 12:30 when more people began coming. Those two and half hours I spent on the beach alone were glorious. All I could hear were the crash of the waves on the shore. All I could feel was the heat of the sun on my back. All I could see was the horizon drifting off to the other side of the world. Zen.

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 7, 2011

I love supporting my friends and their endeavors and watching them in the midst of what they are passionate about as much as I love pursuing my own endeavors and feeling that high while acting or singing or whatever. This night, I got to go see my friend Terah play with her band, D Hollywood, at one of the bars on Hollywood Blvd. She is an awesome drummer and her genuine love and excitement for her art pours out as she plays; it's awesome to watch. In the middle of the bar was a little fountain with this candle set up. I thought it was neat and appropriate for the mood of the evening.

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 6, 2011

I was supposed to have a lunch/business meeting, but we had to reschedule. So, I picked up Lo from work and we headed to my favorite little Mexican restaurant and stuffed our faces with authentic mexican food, flaming margaritas, and beans and rice. I have come to the conclusion that when the two of us are together we never stop talking. It's not a bad thing, it's just surprising that we still have so much to say after seeing each other already for an entire eight hour shift. ha. True friends, that's for sure.

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 5, 2011

This is the entrance to my apartment after you walk through the front gates. I've made this walk a bazillion times over the past year that I kind of took it for granted, however it really is a sort of pretty entrance.

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 4, 2011

I was walking back from my car this evening and happened to notice these white flowers on three of the trees near of the complexes down the street. They've never bloomed for as long as I've been here so they naturally compelled me. They're really beautiful, especially in the light; the picture doesn't do it justice.

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 3, 2011


...and Lauren and I. What I love most about Lauren is that I feel like being stupid and crazy, she jumps on board as if it was her idea, too. Clearly, I'm the same with her. Most likely, we were both thinking it anyway. I love being able to have fun and not have to worry about making a fool of myself. ever. And by the way, (bbq) pringles and(pumpkin) beer are an amazing combo.

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 2, 2011
I always try to make a difference in someone's life every day, especially at work. You never know what someone may be going through and how a flash of a smile may totally change their day around. I've know I've been on the receiving end of a smile when my day was gross before and it made me feel so much better. The thing is, I don't want or expect anything in return. So, you can imagine the genuine shock when people reciprocate and then tell you how much they appreciate you. Two of our favorite customers baked me cinnamon rolls for my birthday and then proceeded to tell me how much they enjoyed coming in everyday to see me and the rest of my friends (co-workers) smiling and happy everyday, and that we make their day. It's nice to know that what you're doing is having an effect. Making me cinnamon rolls for my birthday was so simple, but so sweet and amazing. and OH MY GOD WERE THEY THE BEST CINNAMON ROLLS EVER. Just saying...

THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 1, 2011
(MY BIRTHDAY!)

Well, I turned 26 today. I wasn't necessarily super excited about it, however I was sort of excited to leave 25 behind. 25 was a year of change, of struggles, of life lessons, of learning, of growing, and of new friends. If ever there were to be a testament to how many people I have in my life that love me (if I ever doubted), my 26th birthday would have been it. I cried numerous times over the course of the day (yes, I'm a mush, you should know this already) because of how much love I received. I received phone calls at midnight from Mom and Julie, both competing to be the first to wish me a happy birthday. Jamie had her art class sing me happy birthday in another voicemail, and one of her students even drew me a picture! I walked into work and everyone broke into song with "Happy Birthday" followed by hugs and kisses. It turned out to be a truly amazing day. THEN! Adrianna showed up at Happy Hour and surprised me. (Note: Remember, she lives in Carlsbad now). I couldn't believe it. I shrieked. I cried. I laughed. I hugged. It was an amazing birthday surprise. I honestly could not have asked for a better day. This is a picture of my second family out here. :)

Thanks for the love. All of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment